A Well Needed Break

(Author's note: this is going to be a really small chapter because I'm sick but I wanted to write some Moceit fluff.
I hope you enjoy it!)

"Jannie!" Patton cheered as he entered Janus's domain. Janus was sitting on the ground, his lower body that if a snake curled around him. When he heard the sliding doors open, he quickly changed his tail into a pair of legs, and conjured a cane to help him stand. "Yes, darling?" He asked, picking up the things he was working in and setting them down on the coffee table. "Uh..." Patton began, wondering whether or not to bring up Janus's transformation, or the fact he was working while sitting on the floor. He decided not to, far too excited about the reason he came here.

"I decided that we all need a break! It's December, and everyone else takes this time of year off to celebrate us, so, why not we take a break too? We could go to the human world, enjoy a vacation together!" Patton cheered. "As lovely as that sounds, I'm afraid that wouldn't work. This is our busiest time of the year, especially for me. Everyone trying to hide their gifts, everyone playing make believe about Santa Clause and Peace and Love and all that nonsense... I don't think we have the time to have a vacation." Janus stated. Suddenly, Patton gasped, his eyes lit up with an idea.

"That's it!" Patton cheered. "What's it?" Janus questioned, raising an eyebrow as he sat on his couch. "Now, hear me out, I know you don't like him, but... If we don't have enough time... We could-" Patton began. "No." Janus stated firmly. "I said hear me out!" Patton complained. "Fine. But if you say what I think you're going to say, the answer is no." Janus muttered.

Patton sighed. He sat beside Janus, wearing a pleading expression as he took Janus's hand in his. "Come on, Jan! We could get him to freeze time, but have like, a cottage or resort or something where time is still going. Then we can all have a vacation there without worrying about things going wrong." Patton attempted to convince. "But then we'll owe him a favour, and he's the last being I want to be in debt to." Janus pointed out. "Not if Thomas is the one that asks him." Patton reasoned, causing Janus to sigh. "Besides, these are our first holidays where we're all getting along! Isn't that something worth celebrating?" Patton continued. Janus couldn't help but smile fondly at Patton, and let out a sigh of defeat.

"I suppose a break would be nice..." He conceded, causing Patton to light up and kiss him on the cheek. "But I still don't like nor trust him." Janus muttered. "No one expects you to." Patton assured him, looking over Janus's shoulder to see what he was working on. Janus quickly made the plans disappear, causing Patton to make a sound of disappointment. "Now now, you know not to snoop on my work." Janus teased, cupping Patton's cheek in his hand before kissing Patton's forehead. "You can't blame me for being curious." Patton complained. "You know what they say, darling. Curiosity killed the cat." Janus informed him, causing Patton to roll his eyes and giggle. "Alright, I'm going to go tell Thomas! I'll be back in a minute!" Patton cheered before disappearing. Janus smiled, then made his work reappear so he could continue to look over it.

"There has to be some way to reverse this..." Janus murmured as he looked through his files. "Then again, should I? This might be a better life for them both..." He wondered, fidgeting nervously with the files.

Patton reappeared, causing Janus to jump a bit before making the files disappear. "I'm back!" He cheered. "That was quick..." Janus commented, clearing his throat. Patton giggled and nodded. "Thomas said it was a great idea! He doesn't trust Time either, but, I think he really needs a vacation. We all do really." Patton explained happily. "I suppose you're right... We've all been through a lot this past year." Janus agreed. "I'm so excited! Where should we stay? Oh we have so much planning to do, when should we do it? I guess it won't matter since we're freezing time to do it, just sometime this month probably." Patton rambled cheerfully. "Perhaps we should plan it as a group tomorrow." Janus suggested.

"Okay! What should we do now then? Or, did you want to go back to work?" Patton asked. Janus took a moment to think over his options, then smiled as he wrapped an arm around Patton. "You know, I could probably use a break." He decided, kissing Patton on the forehead again. Patton giggled and nodded in agreement, snuggling up to Janus. "We could watch a movie." He suggested, his tone soft as he relaxed in Janus's arm. "Alright, what would you like to watch?" Janus asked, conjuring a tv to stand in front of them. "How about The Little Mermaid?" Patton replied.

Janus nodded and played the movie, chuckling softly as Patton summoned snacks for them. He handed Janus a bag of liquorice, since that was a candy Janus enjoyed. For himself, Patton had a bowl of bite sized rice crispy squares.