To Be A Father, To Be A Friend

"Logie!" Remus cheered, appearing in Logan's library and sitting on his desk. Logan jumped, startled by Remus's sudden appearance. He then let out a sigh, and set his work down. "What is it, Remus?" Logan asked, his expression softening as Remus kicked his legs back and forth with an excited grin. "I got something really really really cool to show you!" Remus cheered, grabbing hold of Logan's hands and bursting into giggles.

     "Oh?" Logan asked curiously, allowing Remus to teleport them both out of his domain. They were on the volcanic side of the domain, sitting next to a nest of large black eggs with red cracks forming in their shells. "They're hatching!!!" Remus cheered, happy stimming before leaning towards the nest. "What kind of eggs are they?" Logan questioned, watching in amazement as a tail burst out from one of the shells. Remus squealed excitedly, covering his mouth with his fists. "I dunno, never saw the Mom, but look!" He whispered in a high pitched voice, pointing at the large tail covered in brown and maroon scales.

The tail swished around, breaking more of its shell. Small legs with claws and similar scales broke out of another shell, and a small dragon head burst out from the third. Remus gasped, and Logan watched in amazement as three dragons hatched from the eggs, flapping their black leather wings and shaking off the egg shells. They were all covered in a sticky substance as they stumbled into each other, making high pitched growls and yelps.

"Dragons! Dragons, Logan! Look look look they're dragons!" Remus cheered, leaning down in front of them. "Fascinating." Logan commented, completely taken aback as one dragon, the smallest of the three, fell out of the nest. It fell onto the ground stomach first, it's long neck and head following. "Aww, hey little guy!" Remus cooed, picking the dragon up. The dragon looked curiously at him, flapping its wings and struggling to escape. Remus snickered and put the dragon down into the nest, then looked outside of the cave with a thoughtful look. "Where's their Mama?" He asked no one in particular as his eyes scanned the horizon, as if hoping their mother would return then and there. "I'm not sure." Logan stated as another dragon crawled out of their nest and walked towards them, stretching its head towards Logan to sniff him.

"I never saw a dragon around here..." Remus muttered as the smaller dragon crawled towards him, stumbling a little as it learned how to walk. "I tried making dragons before, tried to make the lizards evolve into them, but the changes I made always ended up getting the lizards killed. I did make a bunch of different flying dinosaurs though, that I'm proud of." Remus rambled as he watched the dragon climb into his lap. "Perhaps a side affect of your past attempts caused a new line of lizards to evolve into Dragons?" Logan suggested as the dragon in front of him flopped down into a sitting position.

"Maybe..." Remus murmured, resting his chin on his hands as he stared at the dragon in his lap with an expression of adoration. "Wouldn't be surprised if Life hated me even more now, messing with his creations to make my own and all." He then mused with a grin. "Oh, speaking of Titans, apparently that guy that wanted us to help him kill them was caught by Time. Time turned the guy into a kid." Remus informed Logan as he pet the dragon in his lap.

"He did?" Logan questioned, looking concerned as he reached a hand towards the dragon in front of him. "Yeah, now Thomas is raising him as his son or something like that." Remus added. "I see..." Logan commented, not sure what else to say. He just watched the baby dragon sniff his hand, feeling it's warm breath blow against his skin.

     "Wait, if we were here when they hatched, do you think they see us as their Moms now?" Remus asked excitedly after a moment of thinking. "Perhaps. It depends on if this species is meant to be raised by a mother, or if they are meant to go on their own and live independently." Logan stated. "Eh, I'm gonna raise them anyways. I've already interfered with the course of nature a lot anyways." Remus decided, picking up the dragon that wasn't in his lap. The dragon made a soft growling noise before breathing fire into Remus's face, covering it in soot and burns that quickly disappeared through a shake of the head and cartoon logic. Remus then cackled happily, before kissing the dragon on the forehead.