Keeping The Peace

A couple of days after Virgil's birthday party, Janus walked over to the entrance of Patton's portal. He wore a fancy black suit with gold designs, and carried a bouquet of forget me nots and daffodils. He took a deep breath before knocking on the entrance, and waited patiently for Patton to answer. When there wasn't an answer, his charming smile fell, and a look of concern took its place. He knocked again and waited, hoping that Patton was simply distracted with something.

"Oh, hey Jan. If you're here to see Patton, he went to the human realm to get something." Virgil murmured as he exited his own domain. "Alone?" Janus questioned, looking panicked as he turned to Virgil. "Yeah? The others do that pretty often." Virgil dismissed. "Oh dear..." Janus sighed, disappearing without another word to find Patton.

     "Weird..." Virgil muttered before going back to what he was doing. Ironically, he was actually on his way to Janus's domain, just... Not to visit Janus. Virgil needed to arrange private sessions with Emile, so he could talk about... things he wasn't comfortable telling Roman yet. He would, eventually, but... first he needed help to figure out how.

     Though, technically, Virgil wasn't allowed in Janus's domain, and he was especially not allowed in the 'Community', without Janus's supervision. However, he knew Emile was safe, and he knew the way to Emile's domain. Janus clearly had other matters, and this was a rare opportunity where Virgil didn't feel dead inside and Roman was busy with work. So, he would risk walking across the large circular room. How risky could it be?

     Virgil arrived at Janus's domain, and scoffed a little at how easy it was to open the sliding doors. "The God of Secrets and he doesn't even have a lock?" Virgil questioned. He was startled suddenly when a giggling shadow sped past him, causing him to stare in its direction as it sped down the hall. "Heh... uh... That should be fine... that's just Wodahs, he'll get her later..." Virgil dismissed as he entered the domain. "Yeah, and then she'll snitch that you let her out." Virgil muttered to himself.

     Virgil hesitated as he stared at the sliding doors that lead to the 'Community'. "It's fine." Virgil dismissed again before walking towards them. He slid the door open and stepped in, feeling overwhelmed as he studied the large open space before him, filled with smaller Gods conversing and exchanging their services.

     Just as Virgil began walking towards the ramp, a platform that spiralled around the room and lead to each door, an alarmingly skinny man appeared in front of him. The man had large silver eyes, long, straight, white hair smoothed neatly into a ponytail, porcelain skin and sharp features. The man was dressed in a plain grey suit, and gave Virgil a stern look as he observed him. "You aren't supposed to be here." The man stated, his voice surprisingly soft, albeit monotone. It was almost a whisper, almost musical, but the tone was just solid enough to be stern all the same.

     Though, it was hard to take the man seriously, given he had wolf like ears and a long, fluffy, silver tail.

     "First, who are you? Second, it's fine. I'm just here to see Emile." Virgil dismissed. "I am Aslov, God of Order." Aslov stated, studying Virgil with suspicious eyes. "Janus told me that you agreed to only coming here when supervised." He then stated. "Well, in a few minutes, Emile will be supervising me." Virgil assured him before trying to walk around Aslov. The God taller in size but smaller in abilities stepped in front of Virgil, persistent in his insistence.

     "Then I will walk with you and make sure you get there. I will then inform Janus that you are here so he may escort you on your way out." Aslov stated. "Nah Jan's busy, it's fine. I guess you can come with me." Virgil replied, shrugging before teleporting past Aslov and continuing to walk towards the ramp. Aslov felt frustrated, but stayed silent as he followed Virgil.