Happy Birthday!!!

(Author's note: The following chapter is dedicated to Virgil_Lamp-DRLAMP who's birthday is today!)

"What's going on?" Roman asked as he appeared in the main domain, watching as Patton quickly set up decorations. "It's Virgil's birthday today! I was hoping we could host a birthday party for him." Patton explained, causing Roman to light up. "We have birthdays?" He gasped. "Yeah, of course! Though, Virgil and I usually only celebrate ours once every ten years. Otherwise Virgil would start getting sick of them cause of the whole immortal thing." Patton explained before giggling,

"Remus and I never really had birthdays." Roman admitted as he began to help with the preparations. He wanted to make this day extra special for Virgil! "You don't have birthdays?" Patton gasped, looking at Roman with big, sad, eyes. "Patton we've been friends for, like, millions of years now. Surely you must have known that." Roman chuckled. "No I didn't! We've had parties before I thought that was your birthday." Patton defended. "That was for Valentines Day. I guess that's kinda like a birthday, I just wasn't created on that day." Roman explained with a shrug.

"Well, now this is your birthday party too. Since, I don't know when your birthday is." Patton decided stubbornly. "Pat, relax. It's not that big of a deal. Most of us don't have birthdays. I'm pretty sure Logan and Janus don't have them." Roman insisted. "They don't?" Patton asked, his eyes even sadder as he quickly summoned Janus and Logan here.

"What is it now?" Janus asked, irritated by being summoned at first until he realized it was Patton that summoned him. "Oh, hello darling... Is something wrong?" Janus greeted, pausing when he noticed that Patton seemed upset. Logan showed up not too long after, also seeming irritated at being summoned. "I was in the middle of something. I hope this is important." Logan sighed. "What were you in the middle of, Lo?" Roman teased as he used magic to make the main area walls black with purple glitter. "Nothing involving Remus, if that is what you're implying. I was catching up on my work." Logan dismissed.

"This is important!" Patton quickly interrupted. "I hear that you two don't have birthdays!" Patton announced in an accusatory tone. "I didn't used to... After Thomas decided he was my father figure, however, he started celebrating my day of creation." Janus answered nonchalantly. "I never had a birthday, but Thomas would often share his with me. I'm not sure why, it wasn't necessary." Logan then answered. "It is necessary! Having a day to celebrate you is really important!" Patton argued.

"What's going on?" Remus asked as he appeared. No one summoned him, but this was Remus. "Remus! We're celebrating your birthday too!" Patton declared, causing Remus to blink in confusion as Patton conjured more boxes of decorations. "What's going on?" He asked again, looking to Logan this time. "I'm not sure..." Logan admitted. "It's Virgil's birthday today, but then I told Patton that I don't have a birthday, and now we're here." Roman explained.

"Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't make it today... I don't want to take today from Virgil... But at some point I need to celebrate your birthdays." Patton muttered. "I'm sure Virgil won't mind. He'd probably prefer to fade into the background regardless." Janus mused. "No! Virgil is getting his day." Roman declared. "What's going on?" Virgil grumbled, appearing in mid air as he floated lazily above them. "Nothing!" Patton lied, wanting to keep this a surprise.

"Ugh, is it my birthday again?" Virgil muttered, looking around at the decorations. "It's supposed to be a surprise!" Patton whined. "To be fair, we were saying his name a lot." Remus pointed out with a snicker. "Since everyone's here, we might as well summon Thomas and have the party now." Janus suggested. "But the party's not ready yet!" Patton complained. Roman clapped his hands, and the main area transformed, fully decorated and table full of snacks. "There we go!" Roman cheered. "Really, guys, this isn't necessary." Virgil muttered. "Of course it is!" Roman insisted. "Remember those words when Patton throws your party." Janus teased, causing Patton to giggle as Roman rolled his eyes.