New Job Jitters

Artist Unknown

Scar's POV

As I stopped outside of the cafe with my bag in my hand, phone in the other, I'm now realizing how badly this could go for me. I mean, Grian is G which means he's Cute guy.

"Don't be scared! You've got this!!" Xisuma texts me along with a silly little gif but he's right, I've got this! I'm freaking hot guy!

I smile and walk in, "Ah! You must be the new recruit! Come on in, Grian is going to be the one training you today." The baristo says as he waves and points to the back door. "Heh, thank you!" I reply and walk towards the door to the employee only area.

Sitting right in front of me at a table with two others was G...

"Good morning! We're actually a bit slower today which is great for you to get trained today by Grian, but since he did the interview you guys know each other already but I'm Mumbo, owner and manager." A very confident guy with a mustache says walking over. "Scar. I'm honored that you hired me." I say with a smile.

He nods, "Plus out of like ten others, you had the most experience." Mumbo says and looks over to Grian who nods. "Anyway, we should probably start on a tour of the cafe. Employee area first than customer open area and of course the main area." He says and stands up from the table, behind his apron was a pastel pink shirt. 

The same shade he wears as Cute Guy.

"Is there somewhere to put my bag?" I chuckle out nervously. He smiles and nods, pointing to lockers with a key lock. "You get the key after the tour." He teases and shows the key in his hands before changing moods rapidly.

He takes a breath and smiles to me, "Let's get started on the tour!" He says. I nod and put my bag down in front of the lockers and walk up to him so we can start the tour. I didn't realize how much taller I was compared to him. He's having to look completely upwards heh.

"So the room we're in right now is the common area or break room, it's got your basics like a fridge and counter space with a coffee pot and microwave. Sink, seating yada yada, basic you know?" He says and looks at me with a cute smile. I nod along, we have a similar set up at the base for us.

He starts to lead me through the rest of the building and eventually we got to the actual training part. "Alright so here's your apron." He says and hands me an apron that was the same maroon red as his. I pull it over my head and tie it behind as Grian talks with the person currently working.

"Joel is going to take any complicated orders while we make easier ones, got it?" He says and points to the male taking orders currently. "Got it!" I reply and it actually went smoother than I thought and making drinks is easier than I thought it'd be!

An hour had passed and it was now just me and Grian working while he had his lunch break, the ring of the door echoed towards us and I look up to greet the customers coming in for it to be not only Bdubs but also Cleo and Etho. And Pearl.

"Hi! What can we get you?" Grian says and takes Cleo and Bdubs orders while Etho and Pearl look over the options. "Hello, can I get a medium pumpkin spice latte please?" Cleo says with Bdubs just getting a dragonfruit refresher and a sandwich. "Of course, Scar will you get those ready?" He says and looks over to me with mom and Bdubs' eyes following.

I nod and start on the two orders, just as I finished Cleo's I can hear Pearl and Etho ordering. "Pumpkin spice for Cleo." I say and put the drink on the pickup spot and followed by Bdubs soon, and before G can even mention I'm already starting on Pearl's! It's more complicated but I made it twice today already.

"I'll get the guys, and I told you to not take more complicated ones." He whispers to me as we both make the orders. "I just heard the order and I've made it already today." I reply with a smile and he sighs and nods, "Fine fine." He says exhausted and continues with Etho's order.

We put the drinks on the pick up spot at the same time as Etho and Pearl walk over to grab them, "Thank you!" "Have a nice day!" Pearl and dad say before joining mom and Bdubs at the table they picked out.

"You've come in before with two of them haven't you?" Cute guy comments and looks up at me, "Oh yeah that's my family. Well Pearl is Cleo's friend so I guess she is just tagging along!" I reply and get back to work quickly before my family can embarrass me anymore on my first day at a new job, where I'm already working with someone I do technically work with. 

I'm just glad he hasn't brought up hot guy yet. 

Grian's pov

I can't tell if this is new job jitters or if there's something heavier bothering him but it'd be wrong to pester him. 

Eh

I'll just pester him during our lunch break when Tim takes over for us!

Word count: 900