Chapter 29- Confession

Start from the beginning

"So we can... talk, of course." Icy said with a smirk, the pause she made making Ruby more uneasy.

"Ok? What is it that you want?" Ruby asked, eyeing the Witch suspisciously. "Because you haven't said anything important yet."

The Witch's wicked grin disappeared completely and a nervous expression took place in her face instead. Ruby raised an eyebrow, finding her sudden nervousness rather odd.

"Well, uhm..." Icy cleared her throat trying to compose herself. The redhead looked down and noticed Icy was nervously picking at her nails. She resisted the urge to hold it comfortingly, reminding herself that she was the enemy. "Even though I'm the only one here, this is something from all of us. Me and my sisters, that is. Well, Ruby, we really, really, really... like you."

Ruby froze and stared at the Witch wide eyed, trying to be sure she had heard her right.

"I'm sorry, come again?" The Fairy asked once the initial shock faded.

"We like you, Ruby." Icy repeated, louder this time.

"Yeah, I got that part." Ruby said, chuckling nervously. "Why, when and what the fuck, are my questions."

"We've always liked you. Since we first met." Icy admitted, looking straight into Ruby's eyes, to show her just how sincere she was being.

"You see, I find that hard to believe." Ruby said, convinced this was an evil plot of some sort. "I mean, you almost kidnapped  me way too many times so you could take my magic and, oh yeah, you tried to kill me."

"That's not true." Icy snapped, so suddenly that it startled Ruby. "We never attacked you. We attacked and tried to kill your sister."

Ruby frowned and stared at her dumbfounded.

"Did you just hear yourself?" She asked, making the Witch sigh.

"We didn't try to kidnap you for your powers either." Icy continued. Ruby raised an eyebrow, not believing her. "It's the truth. We tried to kidnap you because we wanted you for our own."

"Ever tried asking me out?" Ruby suggested matter-of-factly.

"We didn't think you'd want to." Icy admitted, looking down at her hands embarrassed.

"You never know." Ruby whispered, studying Icy's features attentively. The witch looked up and stared at Ruby's chocolate eyes with her beautiful blue ones, looking at her with hope. Noticing this, the redhead quickly looked away and cleared her throat. "But you won't know ever. I have a girlfriend and no matter how attractive you might be physically you still have a heart of ice and your sisters are no different."

Each word was a knife being pierced into Icy's heart. She tried to remind herself that Ruby didn't actually mean those things, but she couldn't help the tears filling her eyes. Suddenly her face darkened and an evil smirk crossed her features, alarming Ruby.

"Well, if that's who's between us and you than we might just get rid of her. But first..." Icy said, raising her hand to show Ruby her open sketchbook on their drawing. The redhead looked down at her arms with wide eyes, noticing her book wasn't in her hands anymore. "...we might just break her little heart first. Unfortunately whatever we do to her is nothing compared what she did to us, but it's a start."

"Give me that." Ruby demanded and tried to reach for her book, but Icy stretched her arm away from her and held Ruby back with her other arm. "Give it back."

"I admit, Darling. You do have a talent." Icy teased, looking at the sketch. "I'm flattered to have been portrayed like this."

"Give me the book, Goddamnit." Ruby said, being able to get past her arm, however the Witch didn't make it easy for her to get it as she stretched her other arm even fruther away from her, making it imposible for Ruby's smaller self to get to.