After uttering these words, the uncle driver didn't mention anything else. His face looked stern as he cautioned Tang Ning, "If you call me 'uncle' again in the future, don't mess around with your videos, and don't ask me about those things."

Tang Ning immediately nodded.

For a moment, the uncle driver's expression softened slightly. Then, Tang Ning weakly asked, "Uncle, could you tell me why once that bus goes up, it never comes back—"

Without waiting for Tang Ning to finish, the uncle driver turned and walked away, completely ignoring Tang Ning. Before leaving, he even ruthlessly stepped on the cigarette butt on the ground, showing clear signs of anger.

Feeling he had reached the limit with his inquiries, Tang Ning suspected that the uncle driver wouldn't reveal anything more even if he caught up with him. He then went back to the bus company for another round of questioning, but the people there claimed to know nothing. As the day was turning dark, Tang Ning had no choice but to return home.

From this trip, Tang Ning obtained crucial information. If the uncle driver wasn't lying, once you boarded that bus, something bad would undoubtedly happen. It was unavoidable, and even getting off midway wouldn't help.

If he and Mo Yunchu had been on that bus at the time, why didn't anything happen to them? Moreover, after the bus had an accident, only the driver's body was found, and not the other five passengers. Could it be that those five passengers also got off midway after them?

Tang Ning vividly remembered there were five passengers on the bus at that time. He also remembered that on the night when Old Liu was driving the hearse, there were five bodies.

All these pieces of information presented themselves before him, and Tang Ning contemplated for a while—

But he couldn't figure out a reasonable explanation.

After mental exertion, it was time to replenish energy with high-calorie sweets. Tang Ning opened the refrigerator, picked up yesterday's red velvet cake, placed it on the dining table, and ceremoniously cut it into triangular pieces on a plate. Tang Ning had always treated food with respect and love.

With the cake in place, Tang Ning turned to grab a bottle of milk. As he walked back to the table, Tang Ning paused. He noticed a notch on the pointed corner of the cake.

As if someone had taken a bite.

Staring at the cake in confusion, a crash echoed from the table. Startled, Tang Ning saw that the milk had somehow spilled onto the table, splashing him.

Now Tang Ning couldn't stay calm. Maintaining an appearance of composure, he left the table. However, as he turned, there was a tingling sensation at the back of his neck, as if someone were watching him from behind.

Quickening his pace to the hallway, the feeling of being watched intensified. The pitch-black TV screen flashed Tang Ning's shadow, and he didn't look around, swiftly leaving the house and closing the door.

By now, the sky had darkened, and the dark tree shadows swayed in the distance. Despite turning on the outdoor lights, Tang Ning felt the surroundings becoming even more eerie and frightening under the light.

He quickly dialed Mr. Hao's number, informing him of the strange events at the dining table.

"Have you been neglecting to feed the ghost infant?" Mr. Hao asked.

"I haven't encountered it, so I haven't actively fed it anything." Tang Ning whispered as if sharing a secret, glancing anxiously around while speaking.

"You invited Lu Yingxing to your home for worship, yet you've been ignoring it. Naturally, it will cause trouble." Mr. Hao leisurely explained, "Now, sincerely offer your worship to it. Sew up the doll it possesses, and it won't bother you anymore."