Chapter 15: You Found Me

It was the morning after her day off, and Y/n was ready to see Mori again. She was straightening up the collar on her shirt when she let out a nervous sigh. She was ready to be given her next mission, but she first had to physically meet with Mori. It was easier said than done, as the adrenaline and boldness coursing through her two days ago had mostly dissipated in his absence.

However, as she was walking the hallways of the Port Mafia's headquarters, she still had a permanent grin on her face. She thought about what kind of mission it would be. Killing, capture, torture? She beamed at the idea of getting to be useful to him once more. I hope it's fun at least.

She knocked on the front of his office door and entered unprompted.

Mori turned his attention to whoever just opened the door without his permission. He sighed. "You sure are quick to forget basic manners," he said, smiling at who he saw walking in.

"I mean, I can leave, if you want. Maybe for a whole week this time," Y/n said, raising her eyebrows with a smirk.

Mori sighed, deciding to not press the issue, as he was simply content to see her again. Even though he was the one who ordered her away for a day, it was a longer day than he wanted it to be. He had to stop himself multiple times from paying Y/n a visit during her break. It was exhausting, but seeing her standing there in the glow of morning rays seemed to recharge his vigor.

Y/n noticed a file sitting on a table next to his chair by the window, which Mori noticed, so he tried hiding her gaze by standing in front of it. "What's that?" She said. "My mission, I assume?" She grinned, proceeding to whip around him in order to grab it. It read: CONFIDENTIAL.

"Or not." Y/n said, frowning, realizing that only executives had permission to view documents such as that. She set it back down.

"You're still asking about that?" He said, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Why not?" Y/n said. "I did as you asked and took a break, so put me to work already."

"Why not just focus on improving your hand-to-hand combat skills first? It's true that your ability is strong, but you still have much to learn in other regards. I can even teach you myself, if you'd prefer," Mori said, grinning at the prospect of getting more opportunities to spend with Y/n.

"Chuuya can teach me to fight, though, so you don't need to waste any more time." Y/n would have never dared to order Mori around like this before, but he seemed to be in a good enough mood for her to try. "All of this debating that has been going on between us lately has stunted me in my usefulness to the organization. So please, let me show you that all this strife was worth it."

Mori sighed, feeling defeated by her earnestness. "If that is what you wish." He walked over to the folder laying on the table and handed it to Y/n. "We've gotten word that several children have gone missing within the last couple of weeks. Normally, the police would handle this sort of thing, but it seems to be out of even their level of expertise. It's likely that the culprits may be special ability users, so the police are needing us to help find them."

"Since when do we search for lost children?" Y/n said, opening up the folder. "Shouldn't the Armed Detective Agency be handling something like this instead of us?"

"They are working this case as well, but so far, have come up empty handed. These aren't your run of the mill criminals, so we've been asked to track them down by any means necessary," he said with a grim expression. Mori knew that there was more to this case than it being simple kidnappings. He didn't know if Y/n had noticed yet that all the children who went missing also had special abilities.

Where Loyalty Lies // Mori Ougai x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें