19: Pre-election planning

Coriolanus sat at a desk in the lab, shuffling through papers. Dr.Gaul was peering over his shoulder, her long nails tapping the back of the chair he was sitting on. The day felt like it was dragging on forever. The giggles and grins of Dr.Gaul weren't helping either. As soon as he saw her, he noticed that she was acting strange today. He had no idea why...but it was still extremely annoying. "So Snow, why wouldn't you let me talk to your songbird?" Oh great, that's what she was over the moon about, "His songbird". Of course, he would never let Dr.Gaul touch Lucy Gray. Who knew what information she would try to squeeze out of her or what experiments she would use her for?  

 With a deep breath, Coriolanus turned to Dr.Gaul, "Well we didn't have a lot of time so..." "Is that your excuse?" Damn it, he couldn't lie to her. He should have known better. "It's not an excuse, it's just a simplified version of the truth," 

 Dr.Gaul nodded and slowly backed away from the desk, "Ok, if that's what you think," She gave him a quick crazy grin before exiting the room. Thank goodness he wouldn't have to deal with her for the rest of the day. He was exhausted. He had spent the entire day making posters, hiring people and writing his speech. It would be good to get home soon and hangout with Lucy Gray.