3: The songbird

Coriolanus was sitting in one of the lab's offices. Dr.Gaul had informed him that she would send two peacekeepers with the victor. He hoped she would pull through. If not he would have to think of another idea. Perhaps he could mesh together a video where it shows every win in the games. That would get people excited. However, maybe it would stir up a rebellion in the districts. Guess he won't be doing that then. Suddenly, The door to the office swung open. Coriolanus expected to see one of the past victors from distract one, two or even 3. However, there stood Lucy Gray Baird, followed by two Peacekeepers. She was as beautiful as ever, her hair twisted up in a braided bun and she was cleverly wearing her outfit from the 10th annual Hunger Games. But most importantly she was alive.

This could not be a coincidence, showing up here, wearing the same rainbow dress. It had to be some sort of trick. It just had to be. Coriolanus could feel his heartbeat speed up. How dare she show her face in front of him! She tried to kill him! 

Suddenly a wave of nausea hit him and he had to sit back down. "can someone get me some water," One of the peacekeepers straightened up and rushed off to grab a glass of water. A few long minutes later he came back and placed the glass on the desk, Coriolanus sadly looked up "Can I talk to the Victor alone please?" "Well, we have orders so..." One of the peacekeepers muttered. Coriolanus smirked, "I wouldn't test me," Without a second to spare the two peacekeepers ran off. 

Once the door was shut again, Coriolanus signalled for Lucy Gray to sit down. She cautiously sat down in the white plushy seat. "I thought you were dead Lucy Gray," he muttered. "It isn't easy to kill me, sweetheart," Lucy Gray smiled sarcastically. "oh yeah sure, I want to know what you did once I left," Coriolanus grimaced as he thought of the day they parted ways. 

Truthfully, it still gave him nightmares. The snake lunging at him, his mother's scarf in the dirt and Lucy Gray's face as she left him alone in the cabin. He hated her so much. Or did he? Seeing her in front of him certainly changed his mind, but not enough. Lucy Gray thought for a moment before answering, "Well I decided to stay in the cabin and lived there for 3 years until I had to go into town to get medicine. That's when the peacekeepers scooped me up and took me to the Capital," She frowned before continuing, "Did you tell them to hunt me down?" Coriolanus scoffed, "I assumed you were dead, of course not, all I asked for was any one of the Hunger Games Victors,"  

 Lucy Gray shuffled nervously in her seat, "What do you want with me then?" "I need you to perform a show before the Games this year," Coriolanus watched her face for a reaction, she softly sighed and leaned back in the chair. "I can do that, I thought I was going to be hanged or worse thrown back into the arena," Of course she was scared, and he realized he would be as well. "Sorry, I guess I should have gotten them to tell you, but now that you're here we should start planning for your show,"