Unexpected surprise

The Calovih space containment started somewhere in London. I didn't know where exactly, but if anything, I knew I needed to be on a plane to make my way toward London. I spent the night at Tanu's while buying a ticket on my phone. We spent some time playing games during that time I slept over, which he had very old games— which also gave me some memories from the past when I was younger, probably not as young as Aurora though.

I grabbed my stuff early in the morning before Tanu even woke up. As I zipped up my luggage to London, Tanu raised his head from his couch. "Yo?" Tanu spoke concerned. Though he was still tired, so his tone of voice had that droopy tired voice like he just had woke up with. "Tanu!" I say realizing he was awake. I smile before going over to the couch. I sat on the edge as he watched me. I laughed at him for looking so tired. "Dude, I can tell you had a hell of a sleep." I admit. "And a night," Tanu corrected while trying to get that little piece of fluff out of his eyeball that was bothering since he woke up. "Are you leaving to London?" he asked looking over at me suddenly. I nod. "I have my ticket." I reply to this question.

I look at my watch and realized I need to get going before I miss my flight. I look back over at him and stand up from the couch while clasping my hands together— making a loud sound indeed. "Isn't the guy that made the company the father of 'Lavrador'?." Tanu asked curiously while raising a eyebrow. I tilt my head in question looking at him, my hands falling down back to my hips while I think.

I do remember of it being an crazy 2000s band that started in London, but I never thought of the Calovih's son to be involved with it. Sounds a bit bizarre. Their whole family is involved with space— almost half of their generations going to college for astronomy. "I doubt it," I continue with my opinion. "If the Calovih's have everything to do with space, they wouldn't waste their time on music and bands." I sigh before heading back to my luggage. "Well, yeah— that's why it got shut down." Tanu says, lifting his body up from his comfortable position. "See you in the future." I smirk before opening the door, looking over at him to see his head above the couch now instead of under it. "Bye, see you on tv." Tanu raced back.

I shut the door behind me as I finally get to my car from last night— loading everything into the trunk and backseats if it couldn't fit in the trunk. I jump into the front, closing my car door. I was pretty nervous and anxious to my trip to London. I've ever been to London before. I think the only place I've ever been is California because my parents couldn't afford to go to Florida themselves. But right now, none of that mattered. What mattered? I don't really know at this point. It's weird because I'm not even scared of going somewhere I've never been before and going to space to a planet just to die in probably, but being in London just sounds nerving to me, and I have no idea why. Meeting new people, I was never good being socially. I mean, what am I gonna do being away from Arizona? How do I know I'm going to be back?

Arizona is my birth state and leaving it feels terrible. I mean, I'm obviously not going to be there for long, but I don't know if I'm staying overnight or maybe just forever. Though, that does sound a little overreactive. I'm saving people on this planet by letting them know what's out there. Plus, there's going to be way more experienced military people there to protect me. Although— I don't remember much from the military, so I should keep that in mind just for now. Maybe I could just stay with the group and try not to get lost. I just really hope there's going to be no swimming involved because I can't swim no matter what I do.

I sigh deeply at my actions of being scared meeting new people, which would be good for myself, and for my social awkwardness. It might be good to stay away from Jessica for a little while. I have hope in that. But I doubt once I get back— Jessica's never going to let me back inside of the house after our little fight yesterday. It wasn't really little, if I could say so. She's most likely going to come crawling back, probably because she's in debt with money because she has no job of herself. Once I start the engine, happy as could be for once, it stops. Of course, it stops.

I groan before stepping out of the car, taking Tanu's van with his permission.

—————————————————————

I step out of the plane down the steps. Finally putting one boot onto the surface of London. Smells like British cheese.

London, of course, was different from my birth state. They had these big buses that held more people than a regular school bus. I don't know anything about them, but it would be cool to see it as a school bus. I made my way out of the airport after almost years of getting stuck into the traffic of people trying to get out of London, which I'm sure was horrible.

I sigh as I pick up my suitcases and take a taxi on my way to the Calovih containment center. I stare out the window once I get inside and shut the door, telling the man the address of the specific building. The big sky scrapers of multiple buildings I've never been inside of and probably won't have to worry about going inside of, come in our way as we do a couple of turns and left and rights— forwards and backs— just to get to the center. Though, the beautiful scenery doesn't last as long as I think it will until we get to the real place of the Calovih.

A woman— at least five foot with long black hair that last about to her shoulders, but might be wrong here. A stable black skirt suit and black heels to match her style of clothing to what I assume to be somewhere important like me. For some odd reason, the woman decides to run in front of the taxi and put her hands out to show that she was trying to stop the vehicle. The man upfront stops as he beeps at the woman, telling her to get out of the road before she gets hit by some other car instead of him. I stop my daydreaming of London's beautiful scenery, and buildings taller than the human eye could see, and raise my head to get a better look at the woman. The woman goes up to the window, the man putting it down by the crank to hear her response.

"What's your problem, woman? There's cars!"

He speaks harshly at the poor woman that sighs, whom seems to be in a rush. He sounded almost scary yelling at the woman without knowing her story with his British accent that floated with French. His dark brown hair like mine flowing as he spoke. "Forgive me, sir. I need a ride. Desperately." she spoke fast to the taxi driver. She also brought in a British accent, like I had expected. I try to look out the window where the man is speaking to the woman, she looks over at me, but quickly turns back to the taxi driver, who she is arguing with all of a sudden. It's very confusing. I don't understand why she didn't take her own vehicle to her place. But maybe she really needs this ride. I turn to the seat of the taxi driver and tap his shoulder to get his attention.

The taxi driver turns his head over to me. "What? Don't you see I'm busy here?" he looks me up and down waiting for my question. "Just let her in. It's big enough back here for a second member." I sigh deeply trying to understand the man. "Look, the day is almost ending, I don't have time to bring anybody else to places they won't spend five minutes at." he answers before returning back to the woman to continue their argument between them. I sink into my seat, sighing deeply again at his boring response. Yeah, I knew British people could be mean. Tanu warned me about this and fighting.

Never bring up their accent during a fight with a British man.

I shook my head out of that thought with Tanu the night before I went onto my flight to London. "Look— you're bringing me to the Calovih. I don't see what problem you have bringing this poor woman to where she needs to go," I argue back. The woman's eyes widen at my response as I enter the argument, which I didn't need to, but I wanted to help the woman. "I also am heading there. I'm an office woman downstairs, the ones that prepare for lift off. I need to get to that building. Please." she tells the man.

The man groans at the woman's response that she was involved as well with my job. He sits back into his seat for a minute before responding with a nod.

"In the back, don't make me regret it." he says without looking at the poor woman as she smiles. "Thank you," she opens the car door and heads to the opposite side of me, closing it behind as the car begins to drive. The woman settles into her seat, still feeling relieved that the man had reluctantly agreed to let her ride with them, and she silently prepares herself for the ride to the containment space center.