Pains

Requested in Tumblr
════════════════════════════
Monthly cycles suck, but not nearly as badly when you're expected to work up to 12 hours a day in the military.

Thankfully, you have your lovely boyfriend to soothe the aches and pains with his persistent comfort.
════════════════════════════
SWF, period struggles :/, cannon!AU, fluff, established relationship, AFAB reader
════════════════════════════

Landing on your ass during training was always a pain. Not only from the physical pain it erupts through your tailbone, knocking the breath from your lungs, but also because of the embarrassment that usually followed.

Yet despite this, today, it was all you could do to not cry out when it happened.

Every aching cramp you had the displeasure of already feeling was amplified, shooting sharp pains not only through your tailbone but across your hips and femurs as well. Had your spine just fractured?

Surprised that you hadn't gotten up yet, paired with how your face twisted in obvious discomfort, Eren raised a brow as he knelt before you.

"Oi, Y/N. You alright?" He asked slowly, unsure how to perceive this moment of weakness you were displaying.

"Fine," you grunted out, accepting his offered hand to stand once more. Immediately you were lightheaded, unable to stand straight up as your abdomen clenched in nauseating defiance. It was as though half the blood in your body made a rush towards your pelvic floor, as thought gravity suddenly had a stronger pull over you.

Attempting to play it off, you placed a hand on your hip and discreetly squeezed it hard, while keeping your thighs held close together.

"I think...I think I just need a breather. We've been at it an hour straight," You huffed, wiping your brow of the sweat that had gathered there.

Still regarding you curiously, Eren opened his mouth to speak, but was caught off guard as a shout from across the field intrupted him.

"The hell's going on over here, brats?"

Cursing under your breath, you slowly looked up and attempted to straighten your poster.

Meanwhile, Eren was already in full salute.

"Captain Levi!" He greeted, albeit anxiously.

"What, you get tired Jaeger? Decided to take a little break from training?" Levi approached the two of you, stopping only a short distance away with his arms folded over his chest and a slight furrow to his brow. Silently, he observed Jaeger first, before his eyes landed on you. The furrow in his brow let up, but only slightly.

"Actually-"

"It was me, sir. I needed a break," You interjected, cutting the poor titan shifter off with a look of worry. For your well-being or Levi's harsh tone, you couldn't be sure.

But it never came from the raven, as his eyes scanned you up and down curiously. You'd have been nervous by this, had you not known the man so personally behinds closed doors.

You matched his stare, silently trying to convey to him you really needed a break. Finally, Levi tore his eyes from your frame with a sigh.

"Very well; Jaeger, continue with Mikasa."

"Yes, sir!" Eren responded, finally dropping his salute. With one last curious look over his shoulder, Eren was off.

Sighing in relief, you allowed yourself to slump forward once more now that you and your lover weren't in direct sight of the others on the training grounds.