Chapter 17

Y/n POV

Y/n: Vergil.

Everyone's eyes widen at this while the mood changed yet again to pure fear from most.

Jaune: H-how do we beat him?

Y/n: WE don't... I do. This is what he told me about back before the breach. This is something I have to do.

Ruby: We can help though!

Y/n: Ruby, remember the time Dante told you about those stories about his confrontations with Vergil? That was with my sword, he's got a Devil Sword now.

Nero: Made from my right arm.

Dante: You all have no idea what Y/n will be going up against. If you all try helping, you'd die. The only people to stand a chance against him is Y/n and I.

Raven: I hate to say it, but they're right. If any of us try interfere... it would end in nothing but death.

Oscar: Ozpin just filled me in on Vergil, and I have to agree with Raven, Dante and Y/n on this. This guy is something else entirely.

Summer: The four Maidens sit in the same room! I think the four of us can take him!

Oscar: *Ozpin* What do you think happened to the previous Summer and Winter Maidens? Vergil killed them.

The room was silent. The only person known to kill a Maiden was Cinder and she even looked fearful at Vergil's power. Ruby tried to make a plan where we'd all fight him but every time she tried I told her it wouldn't work.

Ruby: There has to be someway!

Y/n: There is only one way, Ruby.

She hugged me tightly and I could hear her lightly crying into my chest. I hug her back and gently stroke her black, red tipped hair.

Ruby: *muffled* I-I d-don't wanna lose you!

Y/n: You won't. I promise.

I hold her close while she continues to cry into my chest. Her grip tightens while she continues to cry like I had died.

[time skip]

It was really late at night, about 11:35, and I was standing in the middle of the backyard up into the sky. The countless stars in the sky helped calm my soul that filled with worry. I heard footsteps behind me so I turn around and I'm met with the four Maidens standing opposite me.

Summer: You ok, Y/n?

Y/n: *sigh* I don't know. I have to fight my father, risk killing hundreds in the process and the possibility of someone slipping through the chaos and stealing the relic while Vergil and I have to fight each other. Can you four do me a favour?

Winter: What ever it may be, we will do it.

Y/n: When Vergil shows himself, take everyone as far away from Mistral as you can. Evacuate the entire city if you have to. This fight will cause more damage than you can possibly imagine.

Raven: Evacuate the entirety of Mistral? How would the four of us do it alone?

Cinder: We could have local law assist us in evacuating the city.

Winter: That may work. But that won't stop Ruby, Nero, Nora, Pyrrha, Ren, Dante and Oscar trying to go back for him.

Raven: Then we'll take them first. Y/n, are you sure about this?

Y/n: Truthfully? No. But I have a plan and I hope that it will work. But, for now, you four need sleep.

Summer: So do you.

Y/n: I don't need sleep. What I need to do is prepare. I need to train.

Raven: Well, let us help you with that.

Y/n: How would you four help me train?

With that said they all took out their weapons. Raven with her katana, Summer with her axe, Winter with her rapier and Cinder with her scimitars. They all then surrounded me while they stood in a fight stance.

Y/n: *sigh* Let's do this, then.

I activate my SDT before taking out my Devil Sword and standing ready. The four Maidens then ran at me with their weapons.

3rd POV

The Maidens begin attacking Y/n to help him prepare for when he will face his father. From the window, Ruby watched with her heart filled with worry at what may happen. Dante then walked in and stood next to her and they both watched from the window.

Dante: He'll be fine.

Ruby: Doesn't mean I won't worry.

Dante: He's a strong kid, you know that.

Ruby: But if what you told us is true, Vergil might kill him.

Dante: Vergil never really killed me, only wounded me. I got a friend we could ask, she's got a shit ton of answers to any question you ask her. She usually charges people but she might let us off with free questions.

Ruby: Can we head out tomorrow to find her?

Dante: You'd have to take it up with everyone else before we go, but I'm willing to take you guys.

Ruby: Thanks, Dante.

Dante: Anytime, Buttercup.

Dante walks away while Ruby looks at him annoyed.

Ruby: I'm a rose!

Dante closes the door behind him leaving Ruby alone in her room. When she looks back out at Y/n and the Maidens she sees that the Maidens are all on the ground with their auras all broken while he deactivates his SDT.

Raven: *pant* Round *pant* two.

She stands and quickly attacks Y/n but he blocks with Yamato. Summer and Cinder ran at him to attack but he quickly dodged causing them to fall ontop of Raven causing them to fall to the ground. Winter stands with her rapier but when she goes to attack Y/n he merely steps to the side and trips her up causing her to join the fallen Maidens on the ground in a small pile.

Y/n: *sigh* I suggest going to bed. Heal your auras for tomorrow. I will be out here for a while.

The Maidens all reluctantly put their weapons away and entered the house while Y/n stayed outside. he sheathed Yamato and looked into the sky at the stars and the shattered moon. All that goes through his mind is what he will do when the day comes where he has to face Vergil in battle. He sighs to himself before sitting on a plastic chair that he uses while starring into the sky.

Y/n: You want to kill me father, then come and get me. I'll be waiting.