Chapter 33

Chapter is here guys but please don't forget to vote and comment ✨️
••○••

I hit the brakes as we arrived home and turned to look at her, only to find her fast asleep. It's amazing how quickly she can doze off! But seeing her innocent face while she slept, I couldn't help but smile. I unbuckled my seatbelt, opened the car door quietly, and made my way to her side. I opened the door gently, trying not to disturb her slumber. However, as soon as I opened the door, her sleep was abruptly interrupted, and she woke up with a start. She lazily opened her eyes, taking in her surroundings, realizing that we had reached home.

"Come on, we're home," I said, extending my hand to help her out of the car. She gladly took my hand, feeling a bit dizzy herself.

She stepped out of the car, but as she tried to stand on her own, she stumbled a bit, probably due to the remnants of sleep. I quickly supported her by holding her shoulders and softly muttered, "Be careful." Together, we made our way inside.

AUTHOR'S POV

As they entered the house, they found everyone gathered in the hall. Since it wasn't too late, they decided to join the others and spend some time together. Aadhira, now wide awake, was also eager to socialize.

"I want to tell you all something " kabir said after chit chatting for sometime , gaining everyone's attention at once . As he said those words , he could feel Aadhira staring at him with confusion from the corner of his eyes .

Hearing his words , she also became a little curious to know what is going in her husband's mind now. Taking a glance of her ,

As he said , "Well as you all aware of the deal I recently got after working for months a lot , so I need to go on a business trip to london for that purpose."

"Yeah, we know, and I'm really proud of you, my son," his father said, who was also at home today after a long time. Everyone congratulated him once again for his achievement.

He noded his head at everyone's blessings and then held Aadhira's hands infront of everyone , interwining the fingers , he took a glance of her and her heart skipped a beat as he said , "Um, Dad, I wanted to let you all know that this time I won't be going alone. I'm taking Aadhira with me," he finally finished his sentence, looking into her eyes to gauge her reaction However, she just stared back at him, completely blank, unable to process the words she had just heard.

"Wow, that's a great idea! You guys will have some quality time together," his father responded with a smile.

"Very good beta, chalo kuch to akal aa rahi hai ab tere m" (Great job, beta! Finally, some common sense is prevailing in you) his dadi commented with a smile on her face.

"Ohoooo , bhai ! Bhut badhiya , bhut bdhiya , sahi hai . Business trip ke bahane honeymoon pe ja rhe ho...hmmhmm" (Ohoooo, bro! That's awesome, really awesome! You're going on a honeymoon in the name of business tour hmm)" his mischievous brother, Kiaan, chimed in, teasing them both with a sly smile.

Aadhira choked on her breath and her cheeks turned crimson from blushing so hard. But soon enough, kiaan received a smack on the head from their father, scolding him for his antics while he just made a puppy face in response.

But their attention shifted to his mother, who had been silent until now. It seemed like the calm before the storm, and when she finally spoke, her smile faded away.

"Are you sure you want to take this girl? This bad luck, with you?" she said looking Aadhira from head to toe with disgust in her eyes causing Kabir to become angry.