Chapter 27

"Sleep now," I heard Kabir whispering softly to me , coming a little closer to my ears and giving me tons of butterflies while pulling me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

I hummed in response, closing my eyes and nodding my head slightly. Suddenly, I felt Kabir's hand near my waist, and he pulled me closer to him, sending chills down my spine and making my body feel warm. My cheeks turned a rosy shade as I blushed uncontrollably. His touch still has the power to give me butterflies and bring me comfort.

We've been sleeping like this for a while now, except for the past few days, and maybe that's what I was missing. Oh my god, what's happening to me? I missed him.

No, you missed his touch, my inner self mocked.

I finally shrugged away my thoughts as I heard Kabir "Don't get so lost in your own world , or else you will be late tomorrow for the shopping and then I will leave you here". He said playfully while I gave him a side eye in response and he just chuckled at me.

Once back in the present moment, I noticed that Kabir had his one hand on beneath my head. I felt comfortable sleeping like this, with his warm breath brushing against my forehead and his head resting just above mine. Suddenly, he planted sweet kisses on my forehead and cheeks, causing me to freeze in place. I'm sure my cheeks turned the darkest shade of red, and from the corner of my eye, I could see him smirking.

This new addition of kisses made my heart flutter. After kissing me there , he whispered "Goodnight," pulling me even closer to him, if that was even possible. And with that, we both drifted into a deep slumber.

---

AUTHOR'S POV

They were peacefully sleeping in each other's arms, enjoying the warmth and sharing their thoughts after a few days , especially Aadhira. But suddenly, there was something unusual and Aadhira woke up with a jolt. She sat up on the bed, leaning against the headboard, panting heavily. Her forehead was damp with sweat, and her clothes were almost soaked.

The horrifying image keeps replaying in her mind every time she closes her eyes. Summoning her courage, she tries to get up and reach for the glass of water on the table near the couch. But her trembling legs and shivering body make it difficult, and just as she puts her foot down, she almost collapses, resulting in spilling all the water on her, making her all wet.

She immediately grabs onto the bedside table for support, causing a thud noise that startles Kabir and he woke up the next moment being the light sleeper he is and immediately asks, "What happened?" While looking for Aadhira on her side of the bed and becomes even more scared when he doesn't found Aadhira on her side of the bed.

In a rush, Kabir sprang out of bed to look for Aadhira , his heart pounding with worry. As he made his way towards the washroom, his eyes caught sight of Aadhira sitting on the floor, her body curled up, hugging her knees tightly. Soft sobs escaped from her trembling lips, and her breaths were ragged and heavy. Kabir had no idea what happened to her so he immediate knelt down beside her without thinking any other thing and gently cups her tear-streaked cheeks in his hands making him face her eyes swollen and red because of crying.

As soon as her tear stained face came in his view , Kabir asked, "Why are you here? Are you okk? What happened, Aadhira?" His voice filled with concern . He couldn't even finish his sentence because as soon as she heard his soft and comforting voice, Aadhira jumped on him, holding him tightly, hugging him as if her life depended on it. Well, this time, it really did.

Seeing her condition, especially her uneven breaths, Kabir realizes that something must have happened and that she isn't okay at all. To calm her down, he effortlessly picks her up without breaking the hug and gently places her back on the bed. After few minutes of making sure she is settled comfortably, he tries to get up to fetch some water for her.