chapter 15

Two weeks had passed since their marriage, yet they barely spoke or interacted with each other. It wouldn't be wrong to say that she hadn't even laid eyes on him since their wedding day.

Why? Because he would leave before she woke up and return after she fell asleep, or he would be out working. And she would be exhausted by the time he came back, having done all the household chores from morning till night, like a maid. Her so-called loving mother-in-law had even fired the maid, claiming that she handled everything so well that they didn't need one.

She worked tirelessly throughout the day, feeling more like a maid herself, collapsing on the couch as soon as she lay down. During this time, the only people who comforted and spoke to her were Kiaan, her brother-in-law, who was more like a little brother to her, and her grandmother-in-law, who would feed her during the afternoon, knowing well that she had been avoiding food since the day she got married.

It was evening, and she was humming while preparing tea for dadi with a bright smile as she cherishing their time together during their evening tea and chit chats. Her mood was uplifted when Kiaan asked her to join him for a movie in his room, seeing her upset from his mother's taunts.

she was carrying tea to dadi's room Suddenly, she caught sight of someone emerging from dadi's room - her own husband, whom she hadn't laid eyes on since their wedding day. Doubt consumed her as she blinked, trying to confirm what she was seeing. To her disbelief, it was indeed him. He paused near her for a few seconds, shooting her a piercing glare before silently retreating to his room.

And in that moment, her smile fades away .It's not that she isn't aware of her husband's rude behavior , it's just that she can't bear to face him anymore, especially at that particular moment. She's still haunted by the side of him she witnessed on their wedding night. Pushing aside her swirling thoughts, she gathers her strength and makes her way to Dadi's room, carefully carrying a steaming cup of tea.

As she enters the room, her eyes meet Dadi's, filled with a mixture of weariness and determination. With a gentle smile, she extends the cup, silently conveying her love and care for her grandmother - in - law . After chatting for some time she went to make dinner but one thougjt constantly bothering her that what did dadi say to her husband that he was glaring her so angrily .

"As if he usually don't" her inner self mocked and she focused on preparing dinner for everyone shrugging away her thoughts.

------

"Aadhira, come here and have dinner with us. I want to talk to you," Dadi said to Aadhira, who was busy serving food to everyone.

"Nahi nahi, dadi. Aap log khaiye, mai baad me kha lungi," she replied, trying to refuse. (No grandmother you guys eat now , I will eat later on)

"Mujhe na sunna psnd nahi hai. Ek baar bola na baitho to baitho," Dadi ordered her. (I don't like to listen no , If I said something once that you must listen to that)

And she nodded in response, reluctantly taking a seat.

"So, Aadhira, I've already informed Kabir about everything. I wanted to tell you that you guys are going to visit our kuldevi mandir and have darshan. It's our ritual that every new couple in the family goes there to seek blessings," Dadi explained to Aadhira.

Listening to Dadi's words, she mentally facepalmed herself, realizing that now she had to tolerate the presence of the person she couldn't even stand for a few hours, for the entire day.

"Umm, Dadi, I was thinking, why don't you accompany us?" she insisted, desperately trying to avoid her husband's company.

"I would love to, but my health condition doesn't allow me to. Plus, you both need to spend some time together because, as much as you guys deny it, you are husband and wife - life partners," Dadi replied, emphasizing the importance of their bond.