Chapter 8

In the next week Nakita got everything ready with the clothing store so that Ava would be able to manage it for her while she was with her new teacher Zion learning cultivation. She drew out many new clothing designs for the seamstress to make for the store. A blacksmith was contracted to make the weapons designed for women that would be sold. They also made sure to line up someone to supply them with accessories. They already had someone that supplied them with soaps for women's hair, body, and face. That person also supplied them with cosmetics for women as well.

She also had a difficult conversation with her grandfather and cousin. Neither of them liked that she would be disappearing for who knew how long to learn from someone that they didn't know. However, she did get them to agree to not trying to find her. She assured them that Ava would come to her to discuss things about the store once a week and she would be sure to pass notes between Nakita and anyone who needed to contact her.

Luckily, Nakita had already come to trust Ava even though they hadn't known each other long. Ava had been completely loyal to the duke before, so knowing how much Duke Kari adored Nakita, she was naturally loyal to her. It also helped that Ava liked Nakita. Ava liked how straightforward Nakita was, but she also saw how smart Nakita was.

A week after she had agreed to be Zion's student Nakita showed back up at his place, she was ready to start learning. Zion started her training right away. He made sure that she kept up with her martial arts training every morning for an hour. After that they would have breakfast together. Next would be meditating for a couple hours. For a couple hours before lunch she would work on whatever cultivation technique that Zion wanted her to learn. After lunch she would work on medicine. Just before dinner she would read. Zion had her reading anything and everything to do with cultivation. She would also read after dinner.

The only contact that Nakita had with the outside world was Ava. Ava would come once a week and they would discuss how the store was doing. Ava would also pass letters between Nakita and her family and friends. In fact, after she had been there for about six months Ava brought word from her grandfather about her father and brothers. She was told that so far her father and brothers were fine but were expected to be on the front lines for six months to a year more.

For a year Nakita lived her life like this. She never left her teacher's residence and the only time she heard anything about the outside world was when Ava would come once a week. She spent all her time learning from Zion.

One evening, a week before the one year anniversary of Nakita being there learning from Zion, Zion announced at dinner, "I think you are ready to go back out into the world." Zion placed a piece of roasted duck in his mouth. "On the year anniversary you can go back to your grandfather's. You are ready. Now you have the capability to learn on your own now."

Nakita sat straight up hearing that. "I can? Are you sure?"

Zion laughed. He had become really fond of his student and he would miss seeing her everyday, but she was ready. "You are ready. Actually you learn faster than anyone else I have ever seen. Besides, you can come and see me anytime you like and if I want to see you I will come and find you. Your family must be missing you."

Nakita laughed. "You are right. Grandfather was really disappointed when I told him he wouldn't see me for quite some time."

"Just remember, when you see me outside this residence, I will go by the name Bastien Asher. I like keeping a low profile. If people know who I really am... I will never get any peace. I would be continuously bombarded by people." Zion liked his peace and quiet, so he very rarely told anyone who he really was.

"I won't forget." Nakita didn't say anything for a few moments since she was lost in thought. "Hang on a moment... Ava is due to come tomorrow. I can have her let grandfather and Sunda know that I will be coming back next week. Knowing grandfather he will want to throw some kind of dinner or party."