Chapter 12

The next week Nakita and her brothers spent their time getting their new estate finished. Nakita had finally found enough people to hire that they were able to finish quickly. Once it was done it was quite lovely. All the outdoor areas were full of colorful flowers, bushes and trees. There was a pond close to Nakita's quarters. The general, Jedrek, and Jagger had all agreed to give Nakita the best and prettiest spot.

Since they were done, General Warfield sent word to his wife that the place was done and livable. Nakita didn't like that he did that since it would be better for her if her mother didn't come, but she respected and loved her father, so she didn't try to stop him either. He was just trying his best to be a good husband.

While the estate was being put in order the twins and Nakita hadn't done any training or cultivation, so their normal routine started back up, training in the morning and Nakita always worked on her cultivation after dinner. She was very diligent at both.

It wasn't long before Nakita got a surprise. On a random day while she was training with her brothers, their butler brought her a letter to their training area. The butler said politely, "Miss, this letter was just dropped off at the door for you. I know you don't like to be disturbed while training, but it seemed important. It was sent by a servant from Milton Estate."

The three-sibling stopped what they were doing, but it was Jagger who asked, "Are you friends with someone from the Milton family? You haven't mentioned it before."

Nakita sighed. They had been so busy with the estate that she hadn't told them what happened to her at the other party. "No. Most definitely not a friend. It's probably from their young miss. She is someone who tried to set me up to ruin my reputation. Of course, it didn't work. Apparently, she isn't done with me." Having explained how she knew someone from the Milton family, she opened the letter.

Reading the letter, she could see the anger, hate, and jealousy that Livia Milton felt toward her. There was a bit of ranting about how she didn't deserve the attention that Prince Zander had been showing her. At the end of it though, was a challenge. Livia wanted her to enter the yearly competition that the emperor held.

"So, what does it say?" Jedrek asked with concern in his voice.

"Through most of it she is ranting about me not deserving the attention that Prince Zander shows me and at the end she states that she will be entering the competition and that I should as well. She wants to fight me." Nakita hadn't been expecting a challenge from anyone, much less, another lady. She wondered what her power and skill level were. "I need to talk to Kaiden, Sunda, and Victor. I have questions about her and they might have the answer."

Jagger scratched his head thinking. "We could invite them for dinner but we have to make sure they know to try to avoid Prince Zander coming with them if they can. I have noticed that he tends to come over with them a lot."

"Yeah, that works. How about for dinner? Is it too soon?" Nakita asked.

"We will send a message to each, and we will see what happens. If they know that you need their help with something, then they will try their best to be here," explained Jagger.

They had one of their people send a message to each of the three guys. Luckily, all three of them were available. So, when dinnertime came the three of them showed up on time. However, it was like Jagger had predicted the future. With Victor came Prince Zander. It made Jagger and Jedrek both wonder if he purposefully kept watch over Victor so that he could tag along when Victor came over.

When the butler showed them to the outdoor dining area and the twins saw Prince Zander, they looked at each other. Both wondering why Prince Zander kept tagging along. They silently agreed to keep an eye on Prince Zander, hopefully they could figure out what he wanted.