Chapter 141-150

Chapter 141

The whole family never expected that the smelly durian cake would be so delicious.

Song's mother said with lingering fear: "You'd better eat less of this stuff. It smells so bad. I can't eat it raw anyway."

Ji Weiqing couldn't stand the smell of durian, and he was also unable to accept the durian melaleuca. This was the first time that he openly showed his disgust towards food.

Ji Weiqing doesn't eat onions, ginger, and garlic, but he will put a few chopsticks on his face to taste the garlic-flavored food made at home. Only durian is the only food he is unwilling to try.

Song Shixia didn't force anyone to do anything. Fortunately, he had unused baked cakes.

"If you don't like it, just eat this. There's no durian in it, it's just cake embryo."

Han Rong was full of praise after eating the durian.

"It tastes weirdly sweet. It has a soft and delicate texture in my mouth. I can't describe it. I quite like eating it, but it's too smelly."

Ji Xueya held a thermos cup and poured water. He still couldn't accept the weird taste, and he didn't dislike durian either.

In the whole family, only the children, Han Rong and Song's father, Song Qiusheng and Song Dongdong, can accept durian.

Song Shixia took out the New Year's gifts from her suitcase that she had prepared for her family.

Song's mother made air-dried sausages in advance this year. She killed a pig in October and picked the dried sausages from the balcony.

"You pack these and take them to the post office to send to Yao Xue's father."

Song Qiusheng said in surprise: "Didn't the family kill pigs and send them to us before?"

"That's for you two to eat by yourself. We have to give New Year gifts to people during the Chinese New Year. Yao Xue said that her father likes the pork raised by our family. I specially learned how to smoke meat from your sister."

Song's mother had a cautious attitude towards her in-laws and was unwilling to take advantage of anyone. A pig was given to the Ji family as a thank you, and a lot of dry goods and smoked meat produced by the Yao family were given to the Yao family.

Seeing that her son was unwilling to move, Song's mother urged him twice more.

"If you go to town today and mail it, it will be delivered before the end of the year. The post office will be closed two days later."

Song Qiusheng explained: "Mom, there is so much meat that just two people in Yao Xue's family can't finish it."

Song's mother criticized her son with a straight face: "You can give it away if you are told. There are so many words."

Song Qiusheng was scolded by his mother, and he packed a bunch of new year gifts and mailed them with grievance.

Song Shixia called out to his brother,

"Brother, wait a minute."

She took out two boxes of ginseng that she had packed herself from her suitcase.

"This is the wild ginseng root I bought from a channel. It is perfect for making tea and soup."

In fact, it was a few strands that Song Shixia pulled out from the ginseng in space. It was just enough to make tea and soup. If it were a little bigger, it might have been too much and would have caused a nosebleed.

Song Qiusheng joked: "So expensive? I'm afraid Yao Xue will have to bring you a bunch of New Year gifts when she comes back for the New Year."

Song Shixia joked with her brother: "I have been trained to be picky now, and the gift that Senior Sister Yao gave me is just what I wanted."