Chapter 16

Isabelle Fernandina

A small smile appeared on my lips as I stared at my phone's homescreen wallpaper. It's been a week since the photo was taken from the park but the happiness I see in my son's eyes is still fresh.

I was refreshing my mind with the things that had happened during that day when I was suddenly disturbed by Almira who loudly cleared her throat. "You know, that's the best photo I've seen these past few days," she commented as she sits beside me.

We are currently at my living room watching our favorite classical movie. I was just distracted when Arthur called me. "By the way, what did Arthur tell you?" she asked.

"You know it's him?" I confusedly asked.

Almira nodded in response. "I've been standing behind you since you started talking to him," she asnwered making me glare at her.

"Then, you should know what he said."

"I want to hear it from you," she teasingly replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I replied. "He just asked me something about our son. He told me to cook for he will be having his dinner here," I replied.

Almira happily clapped her hands in the air. "I didn't know that love is really sweeter for the second time," she blurted out making me shake my head.

"You shut up! We are still not in that stage!"

Almira rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Both of you can take your time, denying your feelings but for us, who are watching, we know and we can see the fact that you two are into each other. Your bodies can't deny the fact that you're longing for each other," she replied making my cheeks hot.

"What are you talking about?"

Almira squeeled. "See, your cheeks are turning red. They're like tomatoes!"

"Shut up!" I said, trying to stop her but she just shaked her head.

"Nope. I will not because finally, you're in love!" she responded.

"Who is in love?"

Almira and I turned to face Jimson, who is descending the stairs with Ethan by his side. Ethan immediately run towards me and sits on my lap. "Isabelle," answered Almira.

Jimson nodded in response before sitting on the sofa just across us. "Hoping that you'll find the happiness you deserve," he said as he seriously held my eyes. "I don't want to see you cry again because of the man you once divorced," he added that made me shake my head.

"Ah, that's enough. What's important now is that Isabelle and Arthur are giving Ethan everything he needs," says Almira as she claps her hand.

Jimson agreed to what Almira said. "Can we go out and buy daddy a gift?" my son suddely asked.

"Why?" I asked.

Ethan glanced at Jimson. "Because it's his birthday. Daddy Jimson told me," he replied as he pointed towards Jimson.

Then it hits me. Two days from now, it's Arthur's birthday. I've forgotten about it since we've been apart for how many years. "Oh, uhm- o-ofcourse we can. When are you planning to buy him a gift?" I asked.

"Tomorrow," he replied making me nod.

"Okay. We'll go out tomorrow with Betty, is that okay?"

Ethan nodded and cheerfully claps his hand. "Well, seems like it's also time for us to leave," says Jimson that had my attention.

"Oh, what time is it?" I asked.

"Already past five. Almira and I need to go."

"Aw, I reall want you to stay but I know that you already promised Mira's parents that you'll be having dinner with them," I replied making Jimson nod.

"We really love to stay," says Almira.

"I know but I also understand your reason for leaving early," I replied. Jimson and Almira just talked to Ethan for a moment before finally leaving.

"Mommy, is daddy going to have dinner with us?" asked my son.

"Of course. That is why, aunt Betty is preparing our food."

"Yey! Can he sleep with us again?" he asked.

I smiled at my son. "I don't know," I replied as I feel my cheeks getting hot. Because of what my son asked, memories of us on the day Ethan requested Arthur and I to sleep with him on the same bed clouded my mind.

Ethan was sleeping between us but when we woke up the next day, Arthur and I were cuddling. That day, I wasn't able to face Arthur but our son seems happy about the fact that he saw us in that position.

"Mommy, can I help aunt Betty in the kitchen?" asked my son that brought me back to my senses.

"Of course baby. Go and I'll call your dad, okay?" I responded before he run towards the kitchen. I hear him calling out for his aunt Betty.

I dialed Arthur's number but he did not pick up. After three calls with no response, I put my phone aside and joined my son and Betty in the kitchen.

Once we are done, we headed towards the living room and watch our favorite show. We were enjoying the show that we didn't notice how fast the time runs. If not because of Roger and Betty who reminds me of the time, we'll end up sleeping in hunger.

"Mommy, is daddy coming?" my son asked as we walk towards the dining room.

I glanced at my wrist watch. It's already past seven but Arthur is still missing in action. "You know Ethan, your dad is quite busy. He has lots of things to do. We'll just eat, okay?"

I was thankful that my son understood what I said and just followed me in the dining room. Betty and Roger joined us since Arthur is not coming. After having dinner, I joined my son in his room until we both fell asleep.

The next day, I woke up with someone playing with my hair. My son smiled at me and greeted me cheerfully. "Wake up. We'll head out to buy a gift for daddy," he said as he showered me with kisses on my face.

"Okay, that's enough. Go to the bathroom."

Ethan smiled and jumps out of the bed and headed to the bathroom. I followed him and washed him. Once I'm done assisting him in doing his morning routine, I dressed him.

When he is done, I asked him to see his aunt Betty. As he heads downstairs, I went to my room and did my routine ritual. Once done, I went to my closet. I choose to wear a white dress and paired it with a white dull shoes. I just let my hair down and curled it.

Once I'm satisfied wth how I look, I checked my phone and was surprised to see the photo sent to me. It was a photo of Arthur with his ex-girlfriend, Diane, in bed-shirtless. My heart is beating fast as I stared at the photo. Questions keeps on coming my head.

Is this the reason why Arthur didn't join us yesterday? Did I made a bad choice of giving him a second chance to be a father to my son and partner to me?

***Marcela_Francisca***