Obedience -6

WC: 1051

Stone faced, Jiang Cheng charged towards the back of the room as he continued wielding his two swords to produce the mood-killing, ear splitting demonic noise. Before he could fight his way there, however, Jin Guangyao emerged on his own.

"Sect Leader Jiang, in consideration of the power of your attack, I concede defeat," He said as he walked out with his hands covering his ears.

Jiang Cheng lashed out with Zidian, and Jin Guangyao dodged.

"Took you long enough." Lan Tian mumbled kissing Jin Ling on the forehead before getting up.

"How did you find this place, Sect Leader Jiang?"

Jiang Cheng didn't bother mincing words. Jin Guangyao knew his spiritual powers were no match for Jiang Cheng's and didn't dare face him head on, but had to constantly on his toes to dodge while instructing his subordinates to surround Jiang Cheng.

Still unruffled, he continued his queries. "Was it because A-Ling ran off, and you found this place while in pursuit of him? Fairy must've led the way." He caught a glimpse of Lan Tian getting up while rubbing their head and shooing off Jin Ling's worries, "Or was it A-Ling's new romantic partner, and future spouse?"

Everyone momentarily froze possessing the words allowing Jin Guangyao to strengthen his pursuit even more. Jiang Cheng was the first to recover, returning back to his previous moves.

Jin Guangyao chuckled and abruptly changed the subject, "Sect Leader Jiang, what's wrong? Your attention has been drifting ever since you came here; it seems you're afraid to look anywhere else. Are you afraid of what you might see?"

"Cut the bullshit!" Jiang Cheng spat. "You're the Cultivation Chief, so fight if you're going to fight!"

Lan Tian moved towards the pair but was held in place by a sharp tug on their robes. Jin Ling sat shaking his head as Lan Tian looked back at him. "Don't leave me."

Lan Tian felt the air leave his lungs as Jin Ling's words hit his chest. As his vision began to blur and his voice waivered he asked, "And what if leaving is the only way to protect you?"

"I don't need protection, I need you." Jin Ling's face scrunched up as he tried to furrow his brows and narrow his eyes.

The two stood in silence as the present unfolded in front of them.

"Still dodging the subject?" Jin Guangyao pushed Jiang Cheng. "There's nothing over there, other than the four trouble makers. Did you really find this place by following A-Ling?"

"How else?! Who else would I be searching for?!" Jiang Cheng barked.

"Do not answer him!" Lan Xichen exclaimed.

Jin Guangyao had a way with words. As soon as Jiang Cheng allowed himself to engage in conversation with him, his attention was diverted and his emotions subtly manipulated.

"All right," Jin Guangyao said. "Mister Wei, did you see that? Your shidi isn't here to look for you. He doesn't even want to look at you."

Wei Wuxian laughed. "What a weird comment. It's not the first time Sect Leader Jaing had acted like this toward me. There's no need for you to remind me."

"You see, Sect Leader Jiang? It's not easy being your brother."

Alarm began to rise over the audience as Jin Guangyao kept bringing the conversation back to Wei Wuxian.

"Sect Leader Jin, is it not even harder being your sworn brother?" Jiang Cheng retorted.

Jin Guangyao kept pestering Jiang Cheng not caring whether he was paying attention to his words or not. The atmosphere grew heavy as he brought up Wei Wuxian's sword Suibian leading Jiang Cheng to draw Zidian and Sandu.

Jin Guangyao raised his voice. "How absolutely incredible you are. The yougest family head, the one who reestablished the Jiang Clan of Yunmeng by his own power alone. I am in awe. But I seem to remember you were never able to beat Mister Wei in anything. Might I ask how you were able to make such a comeback after the Sunshot Campaign? Did you perhaps consume some sort of golden core restorative pill?"

It wasn't Jin Guangyao's emphasis on the words golden core nor Jiang Cheng's movements that caught Lan Tian's attention, but Wei Wuxian's small reaction across the room.

In his state of turmoil Jiang Cheng's movements presented the opening Jin Guangyao had been looking for. He whipped out the guqin string he had on hand. Jiang Cheng immediately snapped out of it and met the strike, Zidian and the guqin string tangled together. Jin Guangyao's palm wen numb and he immediately let go. But he chuckled lightly soon after - and lashed out another string aiming it at Wei Wuxian.

Lan Tian lunged out to stop it at the same time as Jiang Cheng but Jin Guangyao stabbed Jiang Cheng in the chest.

"Jiujiu. watch out!" cried Jin Ling.

Steely faced, Jiang Cheng applied pressure to his wound as blood poured between his fingers, blotching his robes a purplish black color. Zidian had sucessfuly blocked the string and returned to Jiang Cheng's finger.

Pressing the advantage, Jin Guagnyao rushed over and sealed Jiang Cheng's spiritual meridians with two quick strikes.

Jin Ling rushed to Jiang Cheng's side to support him with guidance from Lan Xichen.

Lan Tian stood blankly examining the events happening around them. They just couldn't quite understand how things happened so fast. Jiang Cheng was supposed to be the ace, he was supposed to fix everything. Now what? What could they do alone?

"Not so cocky now huh wonder kid." Su She spat at Lan Tian.

Slowly they looked over at him before gripping his finger tightly and bending it backwards, "Speak to me like that again, I dare you." Lan Tian let go of Su She's hand before moving to sit a meter away from Jin Ling and Jiang Cheng.

Jiang Cheng pressed on a acupoint on his chest to stop the bleeding. He sat, glancing over at Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, and then quickly lowered his gaze again. He then found himself looking at Jin Ling and Lan Tian. Lan Tian was sitting a fair distance away hugging their knees and staring at the ground in front of them blankly. Jin Ling on the other hand, was beside him staring at Lan Tian as if contemplating whether to speak to them or not. Jiang Cheng slid slightly away from Jin Ling quickly motioning him to go closer to Lan Tian. His expression then grew dim as he lost himself in thought.