Harsh part 3

WC: 838

"I'm gonna go ahead, there's something I need to do." Lan Tian said trying to race ahead of the rest of the group.

Lan Wangji swiftly caught Lan Tian's wrist, "No. what if you have another... episode?"

They pulled their arm away, "I'll take Wen Ning with me. After all... he's the only person I can't hurt." Lan Tian could feel the weight on his heart pull as he realized the words that just came out of their mouth. What if... what if they could never be around Jin Ling again incase they lost control. Then, what about Lan Sizhui? As much as they used to bug each other and compete for Lan Wangji's attention, they both also had some sort of special bond. What about the whole Cloud Reccess, would they never be able to go home?

"Don't worry, I'll take care of them." Wen Ning followed Lan Tian down the path leaving the other two alone. "Lan Tian!" He yelled after them, "Ti Ti, are you really feeling okay? What's going on?"

Lan Tian laughed with tears brimming his eyes, "I forgot you were the first one to call me by that nickname, but all I can think about when I hear it is him. Wen Ning, I... I think I fucked up." Lan Tian collapsed to the ground. "I... I need to find him. Please help me."

Wen Ning instinctively embraced them and huffed, "I'll do my best kiddo. I know you really love him, but I also know that he loves you. I think... your both just confused right now." Went Ning helped them up and began planning how they were going to find they boy.

"Fairy! Maybe we can find Fairy and they will lead us to him?" Lan Tian insisted as they began walking down a path.

"And how exactly are we going to find Fairy?" He asked as he watched them walk farther away."

They turned around suddenly fists clenched, "I don't fucking know! Okay? I don't know. We can ask around or something, I just need to find him! I need to apologize before he hates me and leaves me too." His voice got quiet as he stared at his own hands, Lan Tian couldn't they go of the fact that like everything else in this world, it was his fault and his alone.

"Well, why don't we stay with your dad for a while until we come up with a plan..." Wen Ning softened his voice as he spoke to them.

"No! I can't be with them anymore. They just want to save people and I can't help but fuck it up! I keep loosing control and what if the next time I kill Wei Wuxian? My Dad would never forgive me and I don't think I could deal with loosing him too." As much as they hated to admit it, Lan Tian had grown quite close to Wei Wuxian and everyone else over the past while, and they feared that it could be taken away at any moment.

"Fine... but I want to show you something first." Wen Ning put Lan Tian on his back before running full speed towards Yiling.

Lan Tian hit Wen Ning on the back as they realized where he was taking him. "I told you I don't want to go with them!" They protested.

"I'm sorry but I already made a promise to the other two and I can't let you sulk like a moody teenager anymore." His strides grew faster as they went through forests and fields until they finally made it to the burial mounds. "You do know what happened here don't you?" He asked Lan Tian.

"More or less. Depends on your definition of knowledge." They sat on the ground outside sifting through the black soil. "I heard a few stories but no one ever told me anything outright or concrete. Most people just make stuff up and pretend to know what they're saying so I stopped paying attention."

Wen Ning told Lan Tian everything knew after Wei Wuxian was thrown into the burial mounds recalling every painful detail of the events. "I'm going in. I wasn't looking the first time but now... I need to see for myself." Lan Tian stood and entered through the knocked down portion of the stone wall.

"Stop, you don't know what's in there." Wen Ning protested.

"Tell Dad that I'm going to fix everything, and if I... don't, ya know, make it out or something... there's a note in my desk at home. Take care of them Wen Ning." Without hesitation they ran into the burial grounds without hesitation.

Lan Tian slowed his pace as humanoid figures lazily approached. They quickly tried to dampen their own resentful energy and slowly maneuvered through the crowds of corpses careful not to alert the current owner of the tiger tally to their arrival.

They were met with a pitch black cave echoing moans. As Lan Tian approached a familiar voice could be heard complaining to the others, "If you ask me, you shouldn't have stabbed him just once. Why didn't you just decapitate him?"