The Vindictive Part 3

*child Jin Ling with Wei Wuxian*

WC:839

The two boys walked for a while up and down hills, past villages, and forests until Lan Tian was undoubtedly lost.

Jin Ling watched Lan Tian glance around for any land marks and try to remember the path they took to get where they are. "You're lost aren't you."

Lan Tian gasped mouth wide, "How dare you! I have an amazing sense of direction."

"And I'm the leader of the Lan clan." The scoff that followed struck laughter in both boys.

"Honestly though, Jin Jin, do you have any idea where we are. I need to get back to check on that idiot and my Dad." Lan Tian tried to look in the direction they came from but had no such luck.

Jin Ling put a hand on Lan Tian's shoulder, "Ti Ti, of course I know. Follow me if you can keep up."

Jin Ling took off running and Lan Tian had no other choice but to follow. It reminded both boys of their times in early childhood when they would chase each other around Lotus Pier and the Cloud Recess. It had been so long since the two of them could laugh and be the kids they still were in such a long time. They both felt as if for a moment, they had forgotten how to have fun.

"I win!" Jin Ling raised his arms in victory with a huge smile spreading across his face.

Lan Tian slapped him over the back of the head, "That's only because I have a shit sense of direction and you cheated."

When the two looked at the building before them they remembered what they had to go back to. How just because of their parents and the world they lived in they could no longer be kids. No more running around, just work.

"Jin Jin." Lan Tian glanced at his feet.

"Ya Ti Ti." Jin Ling tried once again to memorize every aspect of Lan Tian because he didn't know how long it would be before they'd see each other again.

Lan Tian sighed, "I wish we could just run away together, I wish we could play all day like we used to before all this. I wish we could be free."

"We're we ever free?" Jin Ling's eyes got caught on Lan Tian's lips as he listened to his friend speak.

"You're right. I guess I just miss you." Lan Tian smiled and turned to face Jin Ling. "I should go. Don't forget me okay?"

"I could never." Jin Ling could only watch as the one person he cared about more than anyone else walked just out of reach once again.

*TW**in the next section there is some transphobia*

Early the next morning Lan Wangji, Wei Wuxian and Lan Tian left for Xinglu Ridge. With Nie Huaisang being caught red-handed he sent trusted followers to clean up the mess left by the four intruders.

After Nei Huaisang failed to talk his way out of a search of every wall of the place they found Jin Ling in the wall, they began inspecting the bodies.

Lan Wangji came to a quick discovery, "The leg."

"Pants off! Pants off!"

Lan Tian really couldn't care less about what was happening around him. They just sat near by playing look out.

**

Lan Tian stared into the distance barely paying attention to anything around them.

"So you're the freak." The voice of a teen going through puberty scrapped by Lan Tian's ear.

Rolling their eyes Lan Tian ignored the boy.

"You know you'll never be a boy right, you're just a little, fake, freak show. No one will ever love you." The boy put his hand on Lan Tian's shoulder and wishing moments there was a loud snapping sound ringing through the area. "You monster! You broke my finger!"

Scoffing Lan Tian acted surprised and said, "Oh sorry, where you speaking? I don't speak ass whole." With a smirk Lan Tian stood up and turned to face the boy. "At least I'm not a dumb little boy who gets off on putting other people down and bullying those who you don't agree with."

The boy threw a left hook with his good hand and tried to hit Lan Tian in the jaw. Lan Tian quickly swept the feet from under the boy and pinned him to the ground with their sword. "You'll pay for this you freak."

"Sure I will." Lan Tian lightly swept the sword across the boy's cheek, "So you don't forget about me." Then he walked away as if nothing ever happened. They smiled when they saw their Dad and ran to see what was going on.

"Done on look out?" Lan Wangji saw the blood on Lan Tian's clothes but didn't mention anything.

Nodding Lan Tian crouched down to look at the corpses. "I got bored, don't worry someone else is watching now." Pointing at a newly legless corpse he asked, "Found it then?"

The two elders nodded and they all followed the hands direction of southwest.