Core of the Dark... Bunny? -4

WC: 1962

By the time Lan Tian had made their way back to the temple, the previous group had long since made their way inside leaving only a few guards left.

Lan Tian took out their flute as they watched every move each of the cultivators in front of them made. With only a few notes the two cultivators were pinned to the ground by arms emerging from beneath them. "Wish me luck." They smiled before knocking the two men unconscious and dragging one by their hair to the front door.

Lan Tian took a deep breath before kicking the door open and stepping inside the temple. "Miss me ." A ceramic mask sat on Lan Tian's face. The clean white base only made the black drawn on features and splashes of red stick out more.

"Seems your child has a flare for the dramatic." Jin Guangyao inclined his brow at the couple of Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian landing his eyes more on Wei Wuxian than Lan Wangji.

"What can I say? Doesn't it just make life more fun?" They tilted their head glancing over to Jin Ling briefly while trying to signal him not to do anything too rash. "I am surprised though, you seemed to have drawn yourself quite a crowd for a man doing something so... delicate."

Jin Guangyao's face dropped slightly as he moved towards the teen. "And you seem to be so bold for someone who could loose everything at only my whim."

Lan Tian clenched their jaw as they stared down the man. Even with only his eyes showing through the mask, everyone in that room could tell Lan Tian was furious. "At least I'm not trying to overcompen..." Lan Tian's voice dropped as they froze.

"What's wrong? You were bold only a moment ago." The string wrapped around Wei Wuxian's neck glinted in the candle light along with various other fine strings scattered throughout the room. One of them in particular caught Lan Tian's eyes, whether by illusion or reality one was dangerously close to Jin Ling's neck.

"You monster." Lan Tian's voice trembled as the strings when in and out of view with each flicker of the candles.

Jin Guangyao smiled, "Well if you hate it so much why don't you come over here then, the real you I mean." He shifted his weight to glance out one of the temple's windows behind Jin Ling.

The figure in front of the group collapsed to the ground as its straw head rolled towards Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian who removed the ceramic mask.

The doors to the temple opened once again as lighting flashed revealing a rain soaked figure standing at its entrance. They stood there a moment, sword in hand before moving as if frozen momentarily. With a completely monotone voice Lan Tian walked towards the group after closing the doors behind them, "Congratulations, you're slightly less stupid than I thought you were."

"Lan Tian." Lan Wangji warned as he intently watched the two face each other.

"Same deal as Hanguang-jun, put away Ortis and seal your spiritual meridians." Lan Tian stayed silent and unmoving, even the room itself seemed to be holding its breath. "Do I need to remind you?" Jin Guangyao pushed.

"I never thought I'd see the day a sect leader was scared of a child." Lan Tian scoffed sheathed their blade, but made no other movements.

Jin Guangyao stepped closer to Lan Tian so the two were only a meter apart, "I'm not dealing with just any child now am I?"

A blade flew from one of the guarding cultivators past Lan Tian's face and into the wall behind them. A slow trickle of red grew quickly across their right cheekbone. "Trust me, you're not the only one who wishes I was just a regular child."

"Lan Tian." Lan Zichen warned, which only earned him a sharp side glance from Lan Tian. It only took one more movement from Jin Guangyao towards Jin Ling for Lan Tian to begin sealing their spiritual meridians.