Chapter 26 - Start

Mulai dari awal

"I can see you didn't miss me at all," she said as she pouted.

"I missed your company, but I'll admit that the bedroom helps you not to think too much," I said, laughing. She grimaced and then laughed.

"You have to show me your room later; I'm very curious to see you," she smiled.

"I'll show you." I smiled back.

Lina was a good person, and I liked having her as a friend.

It was after a while of talking to Lina and walking outside the hotel that Reid reappeared with Eyder. I looked at Eyder, and I felt that Lina and I were different from Eyder, and I liked Eyder in a different way.

Eyder looked at me and walked over to me, leaving Reid behind. He was carrying a toiletry bag of sorts.

"Remember that day when I said I had to choose between saving three teenagers or not, and you said I was being self-centered?" He asked me.

"I remember."

"You were more right that day than you could have ever imagined."

"Why?"

"Because they're here, another protector found them; they probably made it out of that situation on their own." You were completely right.

"Thank you..." It was a new feeling to be completely right. "Wow, what a good feeling."

"To be true?"

"yes."

He smiled at me.

"Look, I feel completely left out with you; I feel like a walking candle," Lina said wistfully, looking up at the sky.

"I'm sorry," we both said at the same time.

"No problem; I'm getting used to being in the middle of the lovebirds."

We looked at each other.

"So, Lina, have you decided on your profession?" Eyder asked.

"No, but I'm thinking about it calmly, and it's still possible that I want to help someone with missions, but you know I like to talk to people; I wanted to go to something that would do that."

"You'll find something; there's a place nearby that explains all the professions; I really recommend it; you can get the address from the hotel attendants; they have a pamphlet," he said.

"I'll do that; what about you, Ayra?" Have you already chosen a profession? Lina looked into my eyes.

"Now, I want to be a protector; I would like to save unfortunate people like me so that they don't suffer what we suffered."

"I figured. Well, then I'll have to go there alone. I'll talk to some groups to see if they want to go along. We'll see you later," Lina said, and she walked off, waving at us. We waved back.

"Now, come with me." He offered me his hand, and I took it.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll soon know."

***

We walked together to another building in front of the city hall, entered the place, and passed by. Then we went up a few floors of the building. The building was pretty much the same as the city hall, but it had some metal details and was very beautiful.

We got somewhere, and he picked something up; it seemed to be one of those keys, and we moved on. Every once in a while, someone would say hi to Eyder and say it had been a while since they had seen him. Then he would say that he had just returned from a mission, so he hadn't shown up there yet.