Chapter 6 - Escape

— Eyder —

Following her wasn't easy once I realized that shots were falling from the sky. The guards were shooting from inside, but on top of that, there were those firing bazookas; they were trying to kill us. But what was the reason for them trying to kill us instead of just arresting us? Was it my fault? Had they realized that before following her, I had gone in, collected as many documents as I could fit on my body, and ran?

I didn't know, but it was in that moment that I knew I wouldn't have been able to escape alone. Even with my ability, I still needed to touch things, and it seemed she didn't need to do that; all she needed was to look. If I had taken a bit longer to grab the papers, I wouldn't have been able to escape, at least not with company. But I had only taken documents from the front room, not the deeper ones; they might not have had that much information.

We had totally miscalculated the level of protection the dome had. I never thought this place would be a mobile trap. I followed her steps; it seemed she had the ability to analyze things because she passed through without being hit. Her ability covered the entire area around her.

But we were getting out of there. She disintegrated everything coming at us with an ability similar to mine. It seemed crazy, but we reached the end of that part. Some people with combat-friendly abilities were helping in the best way they could. There was even a guy who created a barrier between his head and those next to him; I was glad it was the children next to him.

We reached the other wall, and it made sense for it to be called a dome. I thought it was glass around us, but no, it was metal, but with LED panels. It was essentially a 180-degree TV. It showed an exterior landscape, a sky, and all that, but there was nothing of the sort. Around it showed a forest, and across the panel were holes from which the shots came. At least I assumed they were bullets, but they disintegrated before reaching us, thanks to Ayra.

It was time to leave that dome. I touched the panel, and it started disintegrating. Ayra approached where I was and looked at the spot I was touching, and she also put her hand there. I knew she didn't need to touch it, but she did it to show that she was assisting me. It was thick, and even with her speed, it wasn't going fast. She looked at me and asked, "Can you hold on while I deal with what's coming?"

"I can!" I said it without thinking.

She moved away from the wall; my speed dropped significantly, and she started disintegrating everything coming and protecting all of us. Finally, I could see the other side when I thought I'd have to create a much larger hole for people to pass through more quickly. I continued opening it, and as I moved away, the hole kept expanding. Before I realized it, it was large enough for a person to pass through.

"Children, from the smallest to the tallest, can pass!" I shouted.

They began to pass through, and I continued working on the hole, maximizing my speed. We needed to get out of there. After a strenuous time, I managed to open a hole large enough for more than one adult to pass through at a time.

"Teenagers and adults, from the youngest to the oldest, quickly!" I said.

People passed hurriedly, but they didn't crowd, as they feared touching where I was touching. Smart people. There were only a few left. I saw Lina passing and felt relieved; at least she had managed to escape. Then it was just the two of us. I stopped enlarging the hole and began to close it. The white-haired girl glanced at me and smiled. I guessed that was her idea too. When the hole was still big enough for both of us to pass through, I called her.

"It's time! Come on!"

She stopped immediately and ran. She passed through, and I followed through the hole. She returned to help me close it; it took a little time, but not long enough for any of those guys to get to us. We closed the hole. We were free.

— Ayra —

Why open a hole when we could have used the door? It was obvious I wasn't going to use the door in that situation; the hole was undoubtedly the better option. They would have had to take a detour to get to where we were. And the door was much more heavily guarded. I wasn't sure if I could have gotten everyone out of there alive if we had gone through the door.

Only after that adrenaline rush did I feel the breeze outside. It had been years since I felt that breeze and felt my feet on the slightly damp ground.

We were finally free. We could go wherever we wanted, eat whatever we wanted, and, best of all, I could see whatever I wanted. No more exams, no more experiments. Finally, freedom. A slight smile formed on my face. 'I can smile; I don't need to worry about so many things anymore,' I thought.

The green-eyed boy with dark blond, almost caramel-colored, hair stood beside me. He was taller than I was.

"We need to run before they call for reinforcements to catch us," the boy said. He had a nice voice.

"Indeed, but where should we go?"

"There's a place; it's where I came from, so I know it's safe. If I hadn't left there, I'd never have been caught."

"What place?"

"An island. It was created to protect people with special abilities like us."

"And why did you leave if it was so good?"

"Sharp, aren't you?"

"Thank you. So?"

"I can't tell you everything, but it's related to a mission."

"It seems like you didn't do very well."

"Well, there's no turning back now."

"Then let's go to this island," I said, looking into his beautiful green eyes. "Show me the way."

He walked ahead, not exactly in front of me but beside me, pointing out the path to a place where we'd be safe.

"By the way, my name is Eyder."

"Mine is Ayra."

Good evening everyone, I hope you are well! I hope you like this chapter

Good evening everyone, I hope you are well! I hope you like this chapter. Now that the story is finally starting, we will have better explanations of the situation they are in and much more! And I'm sorry for this chapter being so small, but I promise to make it up!

Don't forget to vote and comment to let me know if you like it, this feedback is very important to me!

I hope you're enjoying the story as much as I am!

I wish everyone a great weekend and see you next Friday!