Chapter 26 - Start

— Eyder —

A submarine came out of the water, smaller than the one we had come from. The first one who left was the protector, and soon after, the people who would be the ones who were supposed to be protected began to leave. It was only after they were standing that I saw them—the ones I couldn't protect but someone else could. Three young men, who had tried so hard to save themselves, None of them had been captured. I put my hand to my mouth. Reid noticed and asked:

"What's wrong?"

"These are the children I wanted and couldn't protect, because I was running away with your sister and a group of 50 people." I made sure to talk about Ayra as his sister, so that less blame would fall on me."

"Well, I'm glad you didn't try to protect them; it wasn't your mission, it wasn't up to you, and you had 50 people, including children, not to mention my sister, whom you made a point of emphasizing. If you had tried to protect them, it would have been a disaster, and the mission would undoubtedly have been a failure."

"After all, you and your sister look alike," I grumbled.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, she told me almost the same thing when I told her that I felt bad for not having gone there and protected them, for not having helped."

"Did she say how?" His eyes sparkled; he was really excited.

"That I couldn't think that I alone could save them, that they could save themselves on their own, and that I had to stop thinking that they always needed me."

"She's right; you have to understand that you can be powerful, but one day that might not be enough." You, people who have special abilities, cannot think that just because you are different and have powers, you are invincible. It may not seem like it, but people with special abilities are fewer in the world. Who knows, maybe one day this will be reversed, but at the moment, this is our reality.

I rolled my eyes, fully aware that he was right, but I could even take a lecture from Ayra about it, but I didn't want to accept it at all.

They approached us, and Reid began his presentation. As always, I was wandering, thinking about the world of the moon. Ayra looked like the goddess of winter, but she could also be the queen of the moon, or goddess. Her beauty was out of this world, and I was fully aware that she didn't know any of it.

When he finished speaking, we went together to take them to the hotel. The reason I accompanied Reid, and always a protector with skill accompanied him, was because there was a problem or whoever was inside the submarine was one of the SAHs. They can even disguise themselves. This made me think that Lina would be great for the job of checking with people because she can read thoughts, even if they are only superficial ones, which would be of great help. I could imagine Lina and Reid working together. Then I wondered how old Lina was, because Eyder was a good few years older than us, but Lina looked only a little older than me. I wonder if she was close to Reid's age. I figured she was about 3 or more years older than me.

I had to get rid of that thought before I saw her again; even though I was great at hiding thoughts, this one I was afraid would slip away. A lot of people don't like to be asked their age, so who knows? It's better not to ask. Even if she's actually older, it doesn't interfere at all.

— Ayra —

As Eyder and Reid had a commitment, I kept talking to Lina; despite our short time together, I already considered her a great friend and was happy to have her around. She told me she missed me at the hotel, and I told her about what my room was like.