Chapter 14 - Transportation

— Ayra —

It was the sea. I had never seen the sea before, and if I had seen it before entering the dome, I couldn't remember. It was the best sight I could ask for; it was a dream to see it all. Such a beautiful place. As we got closer, I could see the sun and some clouds reflecting on the sea, while the waves moved and shimmered. What a wonderful place! Living just to see this place was already worth it.

We had arrived; now we just needed the transportation to arrive. Eyder grabbed a weapon hidden inside a large tree and fired it into the sea. As everyone looked at him in surprise, he said, "It's a signal flare."

So, it wasn't a weapon.

A few seconds later, the water began to create an unusual wave, and a metallic contraption began to emerge from the sea, approaching our location. It was quite large, at least big enough to fit all of us, so we wouldn't have to make multiple trips to get to the so-called island.

"Welcome to the super-submarine."

I gasped. We weren't going to sail under the water but submerge and travel inside it. I was thrilled to travel inside that. The submarine finished rising from the water, still a little way off from us. Someone from behind asked, "Do we have to swim?"

Eyder appeared quite calm. A gangway opened, extending toward us, and before we knew it, we had a path to walk on without having to enter the water. I imagined my expression to be one of shock.

"May we board?" another voice asked from the back.

"Wait, there's one more thing," Eyder replied.

A handrail appeared from the gangway, and there we were in a perfect corridor with a handrail to hold onto.

"Let's do this, kids. Each of you has an adult holding your hand, and you go first," Eyder said.

As soon as he said that, the adults seemed desperate to take a child, and soon, all the children were paired with an adult holding their hands.

"You can start boarding," he said.

Since the children's pace was slower, the crossing wasn't as fast, but slowly, everyone got on and disappeared inside the submarine.

"Teenagers, it's your turn," Eyder said when there were almost no children left. "Now, the rest of the adults."

I saw Lina enter, and then he came close to my ear and said, "If you want to board, you can go ahead."

"I'll go in with you," I replied.

"If that's what you want, that's fine."

He didn't even try to argue, and we waited until the last adult got on the gangway, which could now also be called a bridge from a different angle.

"It's our turn," he said. "Ladies first," offering me his hand. I accepted it with a smile and stepped onto the bridge. He followed right behind me.

I enjoyed the view from that place. It was all so beautiful, and I hoped to see even more incredible sights in the future. When I reached the point where I would descend into the submarine, I turned around. I think I surprised Eyder a little because he was so close that we almost bumped into each other, but he made a sudden detour and then looked into my eyes. His eyes were a magnificent green, as if I were seeing a forest in his eyes. It was beautiful, and his dark blond hair complemented his eyes perfectly.

Then he realized what I was trying to do and asked for permission. "Sorry, but I have to hold onto you to avert your gaze, and you can take one more look at the forest."