Chapter 33 - Ability

— Ayra —

"Do you know?!" They both asked at the same time.

"I know, I understand now, but I had to go back to the day I first used it..." I realized that I still remembered the memory perfectly. "I still remember."

"What?" The two asked together.

"The memory of when I was a kid, it's still here in my mind," I said, thinking about the skill. "Maybe..."

"Okay, Esther is coming to you so you can have this moment of conversation about her ability. What we really want to know is about your ability," Lina said, entering the room.

"Like you?"

"If you forgot, I read minds; they both may not want to interrupt you, but the only thing they think is that they want to know what your ability is. Ah, Eyder is worried about the fact that you didn't eat. While you tell them, I'll go get you something to eat."

And she left the room once more.

"And then?" Once again, the two spoke in unison.

"So, oh yes, the ability."

"That's right."

"As I was saying, I had to dive very deep. I found a lot of things, some very unpleasant ones, but I found a happy day. The day I used my skill for the first time," I told you how it happened.

"But what's your skill?"

"My ability is the ability of creation and imagination; as long as I imagine something, I can do it."

"Can you demonstrate?" Reid asked.

"I can."

I imagined something, and then I created something different. I imagined several little lights, like the fireflies we saw in the forest, but only the lights, and I made them flash around my room.

"That's beautiful," Eyder said.

"Really," my brother said.

And then Lina came into the room and said,

"Esther has arrived." And the lights that looked like fireflies ceased.

Esther entered.

"I don't believe it! You've really woken up."

"I woke up."

"I'm sorry I should have told you earlier how the sea of memories worked; this place has its own rules. How did you manage to get back?"

"I let my body go on its own; every time I tried to swim, my body got so heavy that it went down with all its strength."

"Very well. My ability is to swim into the deepest memories that exist, and even if the memory is blurred or anything like that, like when someone goes out drinking and doesn't remember anything they did the next day, still my ability can see that memory as if it were intact, as if you had just made the memory."

"Now it makes sense why I saw memories so perfectly that I shouldn't have."

"Did you get into the memories?"

"Only in some; on the way down, I couldn't help but fall into some."

"That happens; after all, it was your first time. But I'm surprised you were able to come back. This is the first time I was only able to come back after months; I had only gone down weeks from my memory. How did you find out how to get back? And how did he manage not to give in to temptation?"

"I just needed to go back; I didn't want to be stuck anywhere else, and my mind is no exception."

"I'll explain in case you don't already know, but I imagine you may have figured it out. When you go into a memory, if it lasted 1 minute, you're going to lose a minute in real life; if it's been ten minutes, you're going to lose all of that in real life. If you watch a whole day's memoirs, you will lose that amount. Going down and up takes time, but staying in the memories takes longer. There is the temptation to want to see all the memories of that time, to want to see yourself grow up or to see someone else grow up. I was lucky that the first time I dived, my ability was weak. I managed to get down in only two weeks, but I gave in to the temptation. And I got stuck in a loop."