"I don't mind," he steps closer, causing her voice to get caught in her throat. "How can I be upset with a pretty woman eyeing me down like that."

Aurelia takes a step back, gripping the back of the couch she was standing near. "I don't k-know what you're talking a-about. You were saying? About my new roommate?"

Elijah looks away, laughing softly before crossing his arms. "Nina. My friend, she wants to meet you Friday. After some persuasion and a deal that she would meet you first, she said you can move in with her on Saturday."

Persuasion? Did he mean, sleeping with her?

Her mind instantly went to the events that played out last night, the words Elijah mumbled in that voice. That voice. His voice. Aurelia grips the back of the couch tighter, biting the inside of her cheek. Did he really sleep with someone to get her a room? No. That can't be right. That would be just her feeding into his rumor about getting around. Right?

"Aurelia." Elijah says her name, causing her to swallow air and look him in the eyes.

"Y-Yes?"

He tilts his head and crosses his arms again. "You've been acting a bit weird since you walked in. Are you feeling okay?"

Without warning, Elijah presses the back of his hand against her forehead, and then his figure tips against her neck. She gasps and takes another step back, almost falling over the couch. Almost. The male wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her against his chest.

"I got you." He says softly. "Careful, baby."

Aurelia could feel her heart move from her chest to her throat, and the sound of her breathing gradually picking up. She is so close to him and he's holding on to her tightly. This physical moment causes her to push him back gently before avoiding his eyes. His hand is still touching her exposed waist, causing heat to rise from her toes to her head.

"Do you not want to move on Saturday?" He asks her, causing her to shake her head quickly.

"No." She says, but quickly correct her statement. "No to not wanting to leave, I mean. I want to leave. That's not why I'm acting weird."

"So you agree," he tilts his head again, pulling his hand away and crossing his arms. "You have been weird. Did something happen today? Did Aiden bother you again?"

Aurelia quickly shakes her head again. "No. Everything is fine, I just-"

"What's wrong? Did I say something-"

"I-I..."

Elijah chuckles a bit trying to lighten the mood. "You can tell me Aurelia, I promise I won't judge if it's something bad."

"It's not b-bad... well... I-" she couldn't finish her statement because Elijah kept trying to reassure her, make her comfortable, but he didn't know him saying one simple meaningless word is what caused her to be this overwhelmed, this nervous. She has never felt like this before. Was it even nervousness that got her this way?

"Aurelia, baby-"

"I overheard you and Andrew last night!" She blurts out, cutting the man off.

He looks shocked for a moment, confusion covering his face before it slowly turns to realization. Aurelia covers her mouth, realizing what she had just said, but she exposes herself. She just told this man she overheard him and his partner.

She could see his eyes change, but his expression did not. At that point her nervousness is taking over. Aurelia utters a small apology before grabbing her bag, the one she tossed on the couch when she walked in, and made a straight line to the room.