𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘝𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳

꧁❧꧂

Sereia slowly opened her eyes, her surroundings unfamiliar. As her vision adjusts, she realizes she's in one of the Capitol's hospitals. At her bedside, Sereia finds familiar faces, her previous mentor Jude, her eccentric escort Larissa, and the unexpected presence of Finnick Odair. Their expressions reveal a sense of relief.

Jude, breaking into a grin, says, "You did it, Sereia. You're a victor now." But as he said but Sereia couldn't help but relive her friends death. He should of been the victor, not her.

Larissa, with her usual flair, adds, "Oh darling, the Capitol citizens are so happy to have you back!" She squeals as she pulled Sereia in for a hug which is not reciprocated by the latter.

Finnick, a glint of understanding in his eyes, simply nods in acknowledgment of her triumph.

Sereia, taking a moment to absorb her surroundings, manages to speak her voice trembling weakly. "Damien," she muttered softly, her voice carrying the weight of grief. "He's gone."

"We are so sorry hun, we know you two were friends." Larissa says as her voice is overwhelmed by sadness as she was also close to the deceased boy.

Jude places a comforting hand on her shoulder, and Larissa's expression shifts to a mix of sympathy and uncertainty. Finnick, understanding the complexities of the arena all too well, maintained a silent yet supportive presence. Sereia was conflicted by the victory and the cost it demanded.

"I managed to get this, as well as his spear but that's waiting for you at your new home." Jude spoke up as he handed the girl the necklace made out of rope with a lightning bolt on the end of it.

"Thank you." Sereia responded as she welcomed the necklace into her palms holding onto it tightly before she placed it on top of her lighting necklace, to symbolise their alliance.

"Larissa and I have to go, but we hope to see you at the district 5 victors village. I already took the liberty of moving your family in there, and when you're ready Finnick can take you back." Jude said as he broke out a sympathetic smile. Sereia nodded in acknowledgment as the older couple left the room leaving her with Finnick.

"Wanna talk about it?" The dirty blonde haired boy asked with his smile charming as ever, Sereia felt her heart flutter at his voice.

"I just wanna get out of here." She admitted her voice still weak due to the stress and pain she had gone through in the three days she was in the arena.

"I can arrange that, stay here I'll be back." The boy told her as he exited the room to discuss Sereia's departure from the hospital.

Finnick, aware of the toll the Hunger Games takes on victors, successfully negotiated with the doctors to allow Sereia to leave the hospital. Concern etched on his face, he extends an offer, "You don't have to go back to District 5 right away. I have a spare room in my apartment here in the Capitol. You can stay there for as long as you need."

Sereia, grateful for the unexpected kindness, nods appreciatively. "Thank you, Finnick. I could use some time," she admits, the weight of the recent events evident in her weary expression.

As they arrive safely, the apartment offers a momentary escape from the weight of victory and loss. Sereia, now in a space where the fabricated wilderness is replaced by the comforts of a Capitol residence, takes a deep breath, appreciating the reprieve Finnick has provided.

"Make yourself at home," Finnick says with a reassuring smile, offering Sereia a chance to rest and heal after the harrowing journey through the Capitol's grand spectacle.

As Sereia explores the apartment, she discovers a well appointed bedroom with a comfortable bed, she looks around the room and he eyes greet vibrant and modern colours.

"You can have this room." Finnick smiled down at her charmingly, it was like every time he smiled her heart would skip a beat.

"Thank you." She whispered softly with her a smile rising on her face for the first time in a while since she endured the pain of having to take lives in the treacherous arena.

Finnick, with a subtle understanding in his sea-colored eyes, approached Sereia Black as she felt her heart flutter once more. "I know how it feels to come out of the Games and have your whole life turned around," he said softly. His voice carried the weight of their shared experience. "But I'm here if you ever wanna talk about it." Sereia, touched by the sincerity in Finnick's offer, started to smile brighter than he has ever seen.

Sereia looked around Finnick's Capitol apartment, a temporary haven away from the Games. She took a breath before responding, "Thank you, Finnick, It means more than you know." She replied, her voice carrying a hint of relief.

"Come here." Finnick whispered softly pulling her in for a hug. Sereia felt her heart doing flips as it practically beated out of her chest. She wrapped her arms around him without hesitation, sinking into his warm embrace. Sereia felt much calmer feeling the tall boy also sink into her warm embrace.

Finnick, noticing the fatigue etched on Sereia's face, gently suggested, "You should get some rest. The Capitol can be overwhelming, especially after everything you've just been through." Sereia, appreciating the concern in his eyes, nodded in agreement. "You're right, thank you again Finn." She smiled as the boy raising his eyebrow at the newfound nickname.

"No worries, darling." He smirked walking away from the bedroom he left the girl in. She stood alone in the astonishing room with vibrant colours and modern day furniture, her heart was still wildly pounding. Hopefully a long night of sleep would be able to calm her thoughts. Little did she know that she would be entirely wrong.

In the quiet of the Capitol night, Sereia succumbed to the haunting tendrils of sleep. As dreams wove their way into her subconscious, a nightmare unfolded the image of a ghostly looking Zeus Pinkett, the District 2 boy she had violently murdered in the 66th Hunger Games, emerged, then there was the image of Millie Johnson with her face bleeding, from the violent encounter of a rock that Sereia smashed into her face. The memories of their injuries inflicted on her and the pain of losing her best friend, Damien Wilfred, echoed in the shadows of her mind.

Sereia's scream echoed through the former victor Finnick's apartment, a desperate plea to escape the clutches of her haunting nightmare. She bolted upright, heart racing, realizing that the vivid memories of the Careers and the painful loss of her best friend still lingered in the waking world.

Finnick, awakened by her distress, rushed into the room concern etched across his face. "Sereia, are you okay?" he asked, his worry palpable. She sat there, breathless, the remnants of the nightmare clinging to her thoughts.

Sereia, her breathing steadying, met his gaze and reassured him, "It was just a nightmare."

Finnick, with genuine concern in his eyes, gently asked, "Wanna talk about it?" Sereia, still caught in the echoes of her nightmare, hesitated before replying, "Not really." Finnick, respecting her reluctance, nodded understandingly. He started to walk out the room before the dark haired girl called out for him.

"Finnick," Her voice almost gave out as tears sprung to her eyes, he stopped in his tracks hearing her voice helplessly call out for him as he turned around to face her again, meeting her teary gaze. "Can you stay with me?" Sereia, quietly asked as she was seeking comfort. Finnick nodded, understanding the silent request for companionship.

Finnick, sat on the edge of the bed, but he had sensed the girls need of someone to be holding her he edged closer, as Sereia pulled the blanket it off for him to lay on the bed.

On that dark, cold night, as the Capitol slumbered outside their window, a surprising discovery unfolded. Finnick, usually the epitome of composure, found comfort in the simple act of cuddling. Sereia, despite the fearsome facade she presented in the arena, revealed a more human trait she snored, and it was loud.