𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸𝘴

꧁❧꧂

Sereia woke up with her heart fluttering and nerves taking over her body. Tonight was the night she would be doing her interview. She would have to win over the Capitols heart somehow. She swung her legs over the side of the bed getting ready to bring everything she's got. She sat up straight for a while trying to remember everything that had happened the night before.

She met the victor of the 65th hunger games. Finnick Odair, he was the youngest victors as he was only 14 during his games, but now he was 15 the same age as Sereia. Her heart fluttered again when she thought of his name. She didn't know why she had such a connection towards the boy, it couldn't have been just for his face.

"Sereia, you're awake, thank god! I thought I would have to pour water on you face like I did to Damien." Larissa bursted through the door pulling the girl up dragging her to the bathroom. "We don't have all day. Magnum awaits!" Larissa shouted with excitement taking over her voice as she slammed Sereia's bathroom door.

"I'll be in the dining room, come out when you're done and get something to eat." Larissa shouted behind the other side of the door before she exited Sereias room swiftly.

As Sereia stands in front of the bathroom sink, splashing her face with cool water, she feels a wave of nervous energy coursing through her. The droplets cascade down her face, refreshing her skin and momentarily washing away some of the jitters. She took a deep breath, feeling the water's soothing touch and using this moment to gather her thoughts.

With each splash of water, she felt a renewed sense of confidence. She wiped her face with a towel, looking at herself in the mirror, and whispered, "They want a show? Give them a show."

She walks with purpose towards the dining room. There, she finds Jude, her experienced mentor, Damien, her district partner, and Larissa, her elegant and enthusiastic escort, all gathered around the table enjoying breakfast. Sereia's heart skips a beat as she joined them, her nerves momentarily forgotten in the presence of her trusted allies.

They exchange knowing glances, sharing unspoken encouragement and reassurance. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and the sound of cheerful conversation filled the air.

"Sereia, I was just asking Damien his core skills? Seems decent, what about you?" Jude challenged the girl, in that moment of silence Larissa poured Sereia a cup of coffee and that was the only thing that was able to be heard before someone spoke up.

"It's too early for all that. Let's focus on something else, shall we? Larissa stuttered a little bit unsure if the dark haired girl from District 5 even had core skills.

"My brother taught me physical and hand to hand combat before he died in the games. I got used to using weapons recently." Sereia muttered softly, she had thought that they probably didn't hear her due to the silence.

"Silas Black. I was his mentor." Jude responded as he recalled the young boy. He was reaped at seventeen only two years ago and he was incredibly talented. Unfortunately the careers had caught up to him and group attacked him because they were the only people left. It wasn't a fair fight. Four against one, there was no way he could of won that.

"Is he the one you bonded with?" Sereia asked quietly, she didn't speak about her brother often because it hurt her soul to rethink his death.

"Yes." Jude replied lowering his head.

"You did a good job at being his mentor, I doubt he would of made it far without you." Sereia smiled at her mentor and he returned the same smile back. She knew it wasn't his fault that her brother died but for the last two years since his death all Jude can think about was how he should of told Silas to create allies. That way he would of had back up once the careers found him.

"Let's lighten up the mood with a little music." Larissa said as she stood up to a little cd player beside them. Light jazz like music started playing and Larissa closed her eyes whilst she danced slowly her hands flying everywhere. Without a doubt Damien has burst into laughter choking on his food.

"What's so funny?" Larissa opened her eyes and raised her eyebrows defensively.

"You are a total nutjob." Damien laughed again as he stood up to walk back into his room. "I'm sorry, I really can't watch this anymore" He cackled again, his laugh faded off into a distance.

"That boy has got to learn manners!" Larissa huffed as she also returned to her room slamming it.

"Never thought those two would ever not get along." Jude chuckled as he took a sip of his coffee.

"At least it's peaceful and quiet now." Sereia laughed slightly.

"I don't know how I didn't realise. Silas Black's little sister eh? Well how bout it, I guess this is god telling me to mentor right this time." Jude said with a pained expression on his face as he spoke about the deceased boy.

"It wasn't your fault." Sereia smiled as stuffed her face with food. Getting ready for her big day.

"Appreciate it, I really do Siren." He chuckled again. Sereia paused at what he just called her not sure how to question that.

"Siren?" She asked him.

"It's what everyone in the capitol is calling you, y'know cause your name means mermaid and you have siren like eyes." The older man tried to explain but struggled slightly. "After the Chariot Ride you have become the Capitols favourite, they started calling you The Siren, others call you an their Angel and with nicknames like that, sponsors will come flocking your way." He explained again and Sereia nodded as she understood what he was saying.

"The Capitols rooting for you. Almost everyone believes you can win this. You just have to give them a show they will never forget tonight." He grinned as he stood up tapping the girl on her shoulder leaving her sat and the dining table all by herself.