𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨

꧁❥꧂

As Sereia Black waits for the reaping to commence, the nerves started to hit her all at once as she stood close to her sister and her mother. Her little sister had just turned 12 years old and it would be her first year being eligible for the reaping. It was a mix of emotions for Sereia and her little sister as they await the reaping in District 5. Sereia had promised her little sister that she wouldn't be reaped, however Panem was unpredictable and President Snow was an asshole.

Sereia and her little sister Lyra stood side by side, their hearts beginning to pound as the reaping ceremony began. Sereia noticed her sister to tremble and decided to whisper to her, "No matter what happens, we'll face it together, okay?" Lyra looked up to her sister with a grateful smile and a nod, her nerves starting to calm down.

The capitol representative took the stage, her voice filled with excitement. The woman's hair was absolutely stunning, with dark red colors mixed with black and intricate accessories, while her makeup was bold and dramatic, showcasing pink colors and detailed designs that perfectly matched her unique style."Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 66th Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favor!" The woman exclaimed, formality present.

The crowd erupted into hushed whispers as they gathered around, anxiously awaiting the selection of the tributes for the 66th Hunger Games. Some people may be holding their breath, while others exchange worried glances. It was no joke to say that District 5 were in a fit of worry and fear.

"Alright, everyone! It's time for the Reaping of the 66th Hunger Games! Gather around, and let's find our brave tributes who will represent their districts!" She announced with a hint of enthusiasm in her voice. "As always, ladies first!" She spoke into the mic again.

As the woman's hand dipped into the bowl, Sereia's eyes scanned the crowd. District 5 was tense, with everyone holding their breath, hoping their loved ones won't be chosen. Sereia watched, praying silently, as the fate of the tributes hung in the balance.

The woman's voice trembled slightly as she read out the name "Lyra Black." She paused for a moment, her tone filled with sympathy when she locked eyes with the twelve year old girl, as she softly said, "May the odds be ever in your favor, Lyra."

Lyra's heart-wrenching cry echoed through the crowd as the reality sunk in. Sereia felt her heart tear as she realised the severity of the situation, in that moment she decided she could be the only one to save her sister. She knew her sister wasn't strong, nor big enough to take the other tributes.

Without hesitation, she stood forward confidently with her head held high, and her voice filled with rage, "I volunteer as tribute!" District 5 fell into a shocked silence as Sereia bravely took her little sister Lyra's place.

The Capitol officials stood on the stage exchanged glances, unsure of how to proceed with the reaping. Sereia stood tall, her eyes filled with confidence, as she prepared herself for the daunting journey that lay ahead.

"A volunteer! Come forward child, please." The woman on the stage ushered the dark haired girl forward. Sereia nodded as she walked over with her head held high.

Sereia took a deep breath before she stepped up onto the stage. The spotlight illuminates her face, revealing a flicker of uncertainty that quickly transformed into a mask of confidence. As she stood before the crowd, her eyes meet the gaze of each person.

"Tell us ur name, my lovely." The woman asked Sereia as she pulled her closer to the microphone. At first Sereia didn't know what to say but she knew that she couldn't display any signs of fear, or she wouldn't have a chance of making it out of the games. That's when she found her voice to be louder than it's ever been.