Chapter 14

Trigger warning; Implied self-harm has been written ahead. Do not read or indulge if you don't like this subject. You can skip this chapter and continue the story.

It doesn't relate to anyone in real life. Here the character and situation both are fiction. So beware of your safety first💜.

______________________________

Falling out of love is something couples do mutually before deciding to drop out from their marriages. But here Jungkook ruined his happy and healthy marriage with his own hands.

He was driving back to his house. There is nothing left inside of him. He had died when he spurts to divorce his husband on his face, seven months ago.

Whatever happened after that was just pain his soul was handling, that's all.

Today Jungkook will allow himself to cry. He reached his house and went straight to his room. He sat on the floor and remembered the day when all of this started.

He remembered his fight with the mafia before that dog of a man showed him a video of Taehyung's car flipping in the air. That day, Taehyung was injured severely but he survived barely.

On the same day, Jungkook realised the fear of losing his husband. He realised two kinds of fears. One where he couldn't see Taehyung anymore in his life, not his smile, nothing. Another where he couldn't witness anything of his husband but still his husband will be alive.

He took care of Taehyung deliberately and when his husband was on his feet all healthy and happy, Jungkook crushed him. He chooses the second option.

But knowing Taehyung's nature and his trust in him, he knew that it would be a hard path. But Jungkook can do everything for his Taehyung, and if his safety meant Jungkook has to lay up to such a low level.

He will do it.  

Jungkook was staring towards the empty wall, it was 31st December, the next year is about to come. Jungkook smiled a little while his tears weren't stopping.

He wiped his eyes and went to his closet. He opened the suitcase and underneath many suits, a little worn out shirt was placed.

An off white colour shirt that belonged to his husband. 

He was hiccupping widely while discarding his shirt and suit. He wore that shirt and kneeled on the ground. 

He cried loudly, clutching the collars of the shirt," I'm sorry, hubby. Please live, p-please.". 

'Without me.'

Jungkook cried while sitting on the cold floor. He has chosen this, chosen his destiny and just like that he has chosen something else too.

He has chosen Taehyung's safety and can feel peace seeing his husband in his village house, all safe around his brother.

Now Jungkook has nothing to worry about, nothing. He took out another thing from the suitcase. It was a gift Jungkook prepared for his husband for his birthday long ago. 

But he couldn't give him. Instead of giving this gift, he gave his husband's eyes something that will break him.

Jungkook cried harder, he just wanted to burn his lips. He pulled at his hair so that the memory of kissing someone else went away. But it didn't, the memory was haunting him each second of his life.

But it will… soon.

Jungkook clutched the flask where two little white bears were sitting under the snow. He had made that gift with so much excitement and love. 

Jungkook smiled a little with glittery eyes," I love you, my h-husband." 

Yeah, his husband. Jungkook burned the original copies of the divorce long ago and was just playing with the people around him.

Everyone was thinking that Jungkook was free from his marriage now and that's what he wanted. To make them think.

But Jungkook doesn't want to… don't want to vanish from this world with a single heart. He lived as Taehyung's husband and will die as one too.

This is a blank end for him.

For him, there is nothing in his future without his husband and after what he had done, what he had spoken, he doesn't consider himself to live at all.

That girl wants to marry him but Jungkook will not allow that. Can't allow that. He only belongs to his husband, not anyone else.

Taehyung is safe now. Will have a happy life… the only difference would be that….that he will not be with him anymore.

He took out his phone and typed something with his shaky fingers. His eyes were looking dead red. 

He sat on his bed and clutched the gift in his hand one hand while his other hand was opening the lid of his anti-depressant tablets. 

Jungkook slipped under his heavy comforter after gulping the whole bottle. A smile quivered on his lips while his closed eyes were leaking out tears.

He buried his nose under the collar of his shirt. He sighed when he felt that homey greasy smell. Jungkook doesn't deserve to see Taehyung anymore but dying in his embraced shirt, he deserved this at least.

Jungkook closed his eyes tightly to see and think nothing else. Just the thoughts of his husband swaying in his mind when blood starts flowing through his nose.