Chapter 15.5 | End of Journey

Carlos Smiths
Age 10

Possessions That Don't Belong

Today, I'd gone to the cinemas with my parents to watch the new circus show with my parents. It was quite an intriguing experience, though my parents didn't really enjoy it as much as I had. Either way, I had so much fun! The clowns' performance were all so inexplicably hilarious. I laughed a lot today, thanks to this one outing.

I mean, usually my parents would just be sitting at home and doing whatever leisure activities they felt like. Usually, they don't even have time to pay attention to me, you know?

That's actually why I found today so fun.

Not because of the clowns, but because my parents finally decided to spend some time with me. They don't neglect me as much as before now, and that's what makes my heart feel so warm and fuzzy.

They even bought me some popcorn! Today was the first time I'd ever tried popcorn. Out of two flavours that my parents had bought, I preferred the salty version over the buttery-flavoured one. The butter just didn't sit right with me. My tongue felt weird after eating that. The salt one was great, though! And don't even get me started on how amazing the performances were.

A clown rode on a singular wheeled cycle from one end of a rope to another! And the rope was placed high above ground! That was crazy.

And another clown even started to jump through a firey circle hoop! Like, oh my god! How dangerous and cool is that, right?!

And another clown walked into that fire and walked out like it was nothing! He didn't even have a single burn mark on himself! Craaaaazy stuff.

Anyways, after the circus show had ended, one of the clowns came upto me as we were about to leave and gave me a balloon! How nice of him. He said his name was Nikolai Gonzalez! Haha! He even told me his last name, that's so cool! Also, that's such a nice name, even though the clown was probably lying about himself having a name. I mean, what kind of clown has a name, right?!

He also told me one other thing. I don't really know what he meant by it, but in case I look back through this once I'm older, maybe I can figure it out at that time!

He said:
M will get a happy ending to his story. I'm not so sure about V, though. I know what's gonna happen to her, and it's quite unfortunate if I'm being honest.