Chapter 18 (B) | Rewinding Before 1955

Nephalia Island was once a singular enormous landmass surrounded by five smaller islets.

Several years prior to its public discovery, all six islands were densely populated with flora and fauna, devoid of any human presence at all.

Shortly after its revelation around the year of 1930, the five surrounding islands underwent a mass transformation, losing much of their natural elements to make way for residential and other structures.

People sought the tranquility of this newfound habitat. Meanwhile, the central island remained untouched, rumored to harbor fearsome wildlife like lions, bears, and jaguars, instilling terror in potential settlers.

It wasn't until the arrival of a courageous woman, Odette Leronzo, that the main island saw exploration. Dubbed 'The Valiant', Odette, with her petite stature and distinctive attire, effortlessly overcame the challenges of the wildlife by just using the environment to her advantage, making the island safe for all; recognized for her feats, she was granted ownership of the island and received a substantial reward.

Odette strategically invested her prize money in constructing an island mansion for potential future needs. However, she refrained from residing there immediately, preferring not to draw attention. Opting for subtlety, she built a sophisticated villa on a nearby island. Over time, Odette and her partner Omar started a family, welcoming two daughters into the world; Liling, born in 1932, and Ally, born in 1935.

Odette's life appeared perfect and enchanting to her. She was blessed with two lovely daughters, each with adorable personalities. Her husband, handsome and dearly loved, added to the happiness of her life. Possessing valuable assets that she could cherish indefinitely, Odette seemed to have everything one would consider a success in life. Moreover, in a patriotic society like the 1930s, Omar remained exceptionally caring and supportive toward Odette. He frequently assisted with household chores such as cleaning, cooking and various other domestic tasks and activities.

Moreover, not only did both of Odette's daughters excel academically, consistently achieving the highest possible scores, but their intellectual prowess extended beyond the confines of the grading scale, reaching remarkable heights that were a testament to their extraordinary dedication and brilliance. In addition to their academic brilliance, Odette's daughters possessed an undeniable allure. Their physical beauty, marked by striking features and an innate grace, made them stand out effortlessly. With radiant smiles that could brighten any room, and a natural elegance that turned heads wherever they went, the sisters were the epitome of both intelligence and charm. Their looks, coupled with their academic achievements, painted a picture of perfection that captivated everyone fortunate enough to cross their paths.

Odette enjoyed success and contentment until tragedy struck. Envious of her achievements, a man named William visited, leading to the murder of Odette's husband and older daughter, Liling. The man then kidnapped Ally, demanding a ransom.

Forced to comply, Odette and the man met in a warehouse on one of the surrounding islands, setting the stage for a distressing turn of events. The man insisted on receiving half of Odette's current net worth as a condition for Ally's release. Faced with no alternative, Odette reluctantly agreed and handed William a sack filled with what was supposedly half of her wealth. Delighted by the apparent success of his scheme, the man released Ally according to the agreement and gleefully headed to the financial center to deposit the ill-gotten funds. However, his joy turned to dismay when he discovered that Odette had cleverly provided him with counterfeit money.

Dismay then turned into rage.

Under a false identity, William cunningly lured Odette to a non-existent party. As soon as she arrived at the designated location, the trap was sprung, and the surroundings transformed into a frigid chamber. Locked inside, Odette found herself succumbing to the merciless cold, her life slipping away in the cruel clutches of an elaborate and chilling scheme.