Chapter no.39 In the Flower Shop

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

"Thank you for visiting Yamanaka flowers, please come again."

Ino sighed to herself as she watched the customer leave with a full bouquet in hand, the young man smiling vibrantly as it was obvious he was going to give them to someone special.

No, not entirely obvious.

Ino could simply tell, because of the way in which the man had eagerly yet unsurely strode into the shop, the way his eyes had roamed all over the flowers as he searched for the most beautiful ones, and the way he scratched his head and muttered under his breath over and over as to whether or not 'she' would like this or like that.

It hadn't taken her long to move over to the man and adeptly select the adequate mix and blend of roses that he had immediately smiled and possessed the expression on his face that said 'this is the one'.

She wished she had someone special who would give her flowers.

She placed her hand on her chin over the counter, staring blankly at the passing people in the streets - her eyes wishing she would come upon a familiar lock of black hair, before her train of thought stopped, entirely unbidden.

"But...Isn't that the same reason why you like Sasuke-teme?"

She couldn't help the annoyance that ran through her form.

Every time she even thought about Sasuke, any single second that he was brought up in her mind, Naruto's words would strike down the thought with the vengeance and brutality of a Jonin assassinating an Academy Student.

It was made even annoying because she had been unable to find or meet the person who had uttered them to her, for over an entire month now, and she had all but given up on the search.

Naruto was still alive, that much was certain, and he would be at the academy again.

Choji claimed that he had seen him with some bruises and a lot of dust as if he was repeatedly falling onto the ground, so all she had to do was wait, and wait, and try and re-evaluate the reasons why she liked Sasuke while conjuring up random theories as to why Naruto asked her out on a whim.

She liked Sasuke because... he looked good.

That couldn't be all right?

Well, it was mostly because he was mysterious and dark and had a deep, dark and troubled past -

She slammed her head into the counter and let out a groan.

No, that couldn't be it either.

That'd be saying that she only liked him because he was broken and she wanted to fix his 'brokenness'.

That'd also be saying that if he was a happy, perky and normal person without a tortured past she'd have no interest in him at all, which just made her a horrible, horrible person.

Her mind drew from the question of her crush and infatuation back to the knucklehead that had made her realize just how superficial it had been.

She still pondered on what Shikamaru had told her, and tried to make some sense of whether or not Naruto really was different, or not.

Looking back, his grades had always been below mediocre, and he only ever tried once or twice.

She could recall in class when Mizuki-sensei would ask Naruto a simple question like 'what is chakra' and he would respond 'chakra is the stuff that lets us do cool jutsu' and be berated. People would laugh and call him an idiot, Naruto would simply smile and scoff and then boisterously claim that when he was Hokage, no one would need to answer such questions.