P R E P

O L I V I A

The ball starts in three hours. A knock on the door signifies the arrival of the hairdresser.

I quickly push to my feet and make my way down the stairs. I pull open the front door to a tall lady with literally perfect hair. "Miss Bloodstone?" The woman beams. I offer her a smile and a nod, "Yeah." I move to the side to let her in, closing the door behind her.

I tell Cora to go first, the makeup artist should be here any minute. Another knock sounds and I head back over to the front door. This time it's a shorter woman, caked in makeup, yet looking so natural. I let her in and we make our way back to Cora and the hair stylist.

"What colour is your dress?" The makeup woman asks, "It's white." I smile and she nods, rummaging through her things.
A few seconds later, she starts to apply products to my face.

I zone out, hearing distant murmurs of Cora's conversation in the background. I keep my eyes gently closed, wondering what tonight will be like. I've been to a few mafia gatherings, nothing like this, though. This is probably the most important one, meeting with every member of our mafia, impressions are extremely important in this world.

I don't know how much time passes, but it doesn't feel like it's been long when the woman in front of me beams "Done!" I pull open my eyes and smile at her, she holds up a mirror in front of me and I grin, "Thank you so much."
"It's no problem." She says, staring at me, taking in the work she's just done.

"Perfect!" The hairstylist cheers when she finishes Cora's hair. "I love it, thankyou so much." She smiles at the Lady.

A few minutes later, Cora and I have switched positions, and I'm sitting in front of the other lady. She starts working on my hair immediately, "Your hair is so long, I love it." She says.
"Thankyou." I laugh, relaxing at the feeling of her playing around with my hair.

We make small talk for a few minutes, until we fall into silence. I don't mind. I hear the sound of spray before the woman turns around to face me. "All done!" She grins, waving a mirror in my face. I take myself in, staring at myself before snapping back into reality. "Thankyou." I smile, and she nods. Cora's makeup is almost done and I run off to get the money.

Once we've payed and thanked them, we head upstairs to our dresses.

Before getting dressed, I stare at my reflection in the mirror. The mark my father had left had healed into a fresh scar. It was quite noticeable and lengthy in size, but it should fade sooner or later.

I stop myself from ruining my mood and think about something else.

"You look beautiful." I look to Cora.
"Thankyou. So do you, Landon's gonna be all over you." She smirks and I shake my head.

We take the dresses from their cases, admiring them. "Here we go." Cora breathes out before reaching for her dress.

I help her pull up the zipper and she walks over to the mirror. I smile in the reflection, she looks so beautiful. A few seconds later, a grin pulls at her features. "You look fucking gorgeous." I say and she turns to face me. "Thankyou. Your turn." She beams before rushing back over to my dress.

I pull my hair over my shoulders before stepping to the mirror. I stare at my reflection. "I look like I'm getting married." I say and Cora shakes her head. "We get married in black, bae." She says.
"I know but-"
"But nothing. You look stunning. Unreal. Like a goddess." She argues and I turn to face her.
"You look gorgeous, Liv." I blow her a kiss, I would hug her but I don't think that would do any good for our outfits.

The boys should be here soon. Like any minute now.

~

OLIVIA'S FIT