fickelgruber

you decided the first thing you would do is go outside to possibly see where she went off to? willy didn't know the plan you were creating in your mind to find out who this girl really was and why she was (possibly) lying. you looked around to see if any trace of the swindle was left and to your surprise, you got a big clue on who she really was.
a fickelgruber chocolate box's ribbon laid on the ground.
"i should've known he'd been involved." you groaned.
"willy, don't the  hoverchocs not last forever? could the chocolatiers still be out here?" willy clenched his teeth with embarrassment.
"i probably should've thought of that, shouldn't i?" he nervously smiled. you rolled your eyes. not at willy, but at the fact your dad and his evil playmates may still roam town. you looked outside for any more evidence, but truthfully, the little ribbon was everything you needed.
"we need to go to the plaza." you assertively told willy. willy had a semi-panicked look on his face, due to his final memories being very negative from the plaza. but, he knew it had to be done. you two had wondered what happened to the shops after the whole... chocolate vault mishap. you'd finally figure it out. you scampered to the plaza, willy following behind you. you halted in your tracks as you saw the entire plaza was blocked off. a padlock with green, blue, and yellow accents hung on the door, not allowing anyone through. your eyes widened as willy approached you, panting.
"sorry, babe. you run really fast." he said, leaning over and smiling at you. you couldn't help but to smile at his adorable remark, but you lightly grazed your fingers upon the lock.
"of course it's these colors." you exhaled. you looked around, taking a hairpin that laid in your locks, shoving it into the lock's hole.
"what are you doing?!" willy whisper-yelled.
"picking a lock." you said as the lock unlatched into your palm. he looked at you, impressed. as you went inside, the first thing both of you had noticed were the blacked out windows of every single shop... including the one that willy had rented. as you guys looked around in astonishment and fear, you slowly approached your father's shop. you peeked through the pitch black windows, bracing yourself to be startled. but, what you saw surprised you. a faint, green light flashed lightly in the distance, and a golden glow followed it. it was like two fireflies. it was like they were trying to lure you into the shop... and it was about to work. you know it's stupid, and it's two little flecks of light, but does it mean something? clearly something went down in town/at the plaza after you and willy moved into the factory, you just had to figure out what it was. you looked over to willy, who stood in front of his former shop. he was fully captivated with the ptsd from the day his store was a fail. he wiped his eyes as a few tears watered up his vision. he was totally swept away by the memories, and just stared at the open shop with the dilapidated "Wonka" sign.
this was your chance. your chance to slip away into fickelgruber's without willy's concern and input. you knew there were... risks, but first of all, you needed to know who that girl was, and what your dad and his friends are up to now. you brushed the curtains of the window, quietly cracking the window's base from the sill. a small pop came from the window coming up, seeing as nobody has used it... or so you thought. as you began to climb through, you saw fresh fingerprints laid on the sill, like someone was leaning with their hands on the window... or someone was crawling through. you rustled your hand into your pocket, pulling a lighter out to lead the way. with three flicks, the interior of fickelgruber's was rerevealed and deprived of its full darkness. you looked around, but then heard the window screechily sliding back down into its original place. this startled you, but you continued deeper into the shop. occasionally tripping over a trinket or corner of a table, you finally reached the stairs which led to you and your father's rooms. as you fully submerged yourself into the upstairs, you looked left, to your room, then right, to his. but as you did, your light began to simmer out.
"no, no, no!" you whisper yelled, trying to flick it continuously with panic. but, the final embers drifted into the air. you threw your head back in distress. hoping your door was unlocked, you quietly turned the knob. to your surprise, you got in. exhaling with relief, you slinked into the room.  you began to proudly sashay to your bed, just for a break. but, as you walked past, a piece of fabric brushed upon your hip. you would've brushed it off, but you've never hung clothes up outside of your closet.