scrub!

willy was a clumsy guy. you eventually fell asleep soon after eating the best chocolate you've ever eaten. as you woke up, rubbing your eyes, your father stooped over you.

"where exactly did you take this last night?"

he asked, holding up the bag of sovereigns. you stuttered, contemplating an excuse.

"um, I took it in case of emergencies." you said, smiling awkwardly.

"a thousand?" he asked, tossing the bag down.

"y/n, you are banished from leaving the chocolate quarters for the week."

he said as you groaned.

"fine, dad."

you said, getting up to get ready for the day. he harrumphed as he walked downstairs to serve his customers.
you were thinking to yourself. was sneaking out worth whatever punishment would be given to you? for willy, yes. you didn't even know the guy, but something about him was so magnetic. maybe his charisma? or looks?
you climbed to the balcony of the chocolate shop, looking around before you slipped down. willy wasn't at the plaza, which was surprising. he regularly went to scope out his dreams.  you slid down a pole that served as a column of support of the plaza, assuring your father hadn't spotted you.
a sigh of relief escaped your lips as you began your journey to scrubbit's.
you found the small, run down motel and went inside.
"how may i help you?" a lady loudly asked.
"uhm, does a willy stay here? willy wonka?" you asked, leaning on the counter.
"mmm. does that sound familiar to you?" she gestured to a man sitting in the large chair that was placed by the door.
"nope." he said, stroking his mustache.
"oh." you sighed.
"yeah... sorry, sweetheart." the lady falsely pittied you.
you rolled your eyes.
"but, i saw him last night checking in!" you said proudly, quickly becoming more quiet, you didn't want to seem like some stalker.
"hm." she looked over to the man, who was approaching you quietly. you didn't even notice until a bonk on your head sent pain through your body. your vision went blurry as you woke up in a cellar that smelled like... soap?
an older man approached you as you woozily shook your head.
"where... am i?" you said, hand on your head.
"scrubbit's." a girl answered, carrying a load of wet clothes in a basket.
"why am i here? i didn't even do anything!" you said in distress.
"none of us did." the old man answered. he went on to explain what ms. scrubbit does with a song. you followed him through the small corridors of bubbly baths for clothing as you were face to face with willy.
"why... aren't you that girl who was in the windows of fickelgruber's?" he said, smiling at you.
"yeah!" you answered, blushing. he was really cute up close.
"nice to meet you. i'm willy. willy wonka, but i'm sure you knew that considering you were watching my performance." he grinned.
you embarrassingly nodded. you couldn't tell him your father was one of the chocolatiers who shunned him prior, so you kept quiet.
the two of you walked down the dimmed hallways as you exchanged conversations.
"why are you here?" he asked, polishing his cane.
"oh. i was.. coming to deliver a gift to someone. they knocked me out and sent me down here." you said, laughing nervously as you created the excuse.
willy slowly nodded in understatement.
"and... why are you here?" you asked as his facial expression changed immediately.
"i needed a place to stay. i have no sovereigns. then, they put me down here." he sighed as you became sad for him.
the two of you stopped walking and stood still, willy looking down directly into your eyes. his eyes gleamed as you inspected them closely. they were gorgeous, glowing eyes.
"i'm sorry." you said, looking down at your feet.
"for what?" willy took his hand and lifted your chin up, allowing you to gaze back into his eyes again.
"i don't know. for you, i guess." you said. you couldn't hold back the rosy hues that flushed into your cheeks as he focused your eyes into his.
a young girl tripped down the stairs, clutching a basket of laundry.
"noodle!" willy said, helping her up.
"hey, willy." she said, looking at you.
"who's this?" she asked.
"this is..." he said, waiting for your name.
"y/n." you smiled softly at noodle.
"y/n!" willy said, mesmerized.
noodle grinned at you. she could tell your feelings toward willy were loving.
the group of washers lined up, so you followed. "what's going on, willy?" you asked as you all walked in a line up some stairs.
"role call." willy answered. you nodded.
as ms. scrubbit read off the names.
the group sung a song as a dark corridor greeted you. your room was next to willy's.
you walked in to the room, it was not at all what you were used to. the room wasn't spacious and there were numerous leaks bursting through the run-down ceiling. you shuddered as you took a seat on your bed. you heard quiet, small footsteps outside of your room, but ignored it. then a door opened and closed. it was willy's. you remained to ignore it. as you laid against your bed, you groaned and gazed at the ceiling. opening your satchel, you counted that you had 1,000 sovereigns. that wasn't enough to bail anyone out of that labor. you groaned, very stressed as you heard a faint knock on your door. noodle ran to you, a half eaten chocolate in her hand.
"y/n! you have to try this!"
"is this willy's chocolate?"
you asked, smiling at willy who stood behind noodle.
"yup!" she answered.
"his chocolate is incredible." you admired the beautifully crafted morsel.
you took a bite as your face lit up.
"willy, you are so talented." you genuinely smiled at him as he tipped his hat to you.
"thank you, y/n."
"well, i guess this is goodnight, guys." you went to shut the door, but noodle stopped the door by putting her hand between you and the door.
"we came here because we have a plan." she said.
"a plan? for what?" you asked.
"to break out of here."