a place of our own..?

you woke up the next day, a yawn escaping your lips. you blinked quickly while rubbing your eyes. you walked over to the dilapidated sink, brushing your teeth and splashing water on your face.
you, willy, and the staff followed your regular routine. roll call, set up willy's machine, then fall into the laundry cart and noodle take you all away.
when noodle had made it out of scrubbit's, willy popped out of his bag.
"the little orange man stole my chocolates again..." he said, ashamed.
"you mean, you ate them?" you taunted him.
"no! i set a trap, and he fell for it. i caught him, but when i went to set him free, he hit me right on the head with a pan!" willy said. you and noodle just eyed each other. it was clearly a fib.
"willy, we're gonna go to the plaza today to sell." said noodle.
"noodle, that'll get me in so much trouble what are you thinking?" willy panicked, hopping out of the cart. you followed and walked aside the cart of "laundry".
you all arrived at the plaza, and willy of course walked over to the shop of his dreams. noodle looked at you and whispered in your ear.
"y/n, we bought the shop!" she whisper-yelled into your ear.
you perked up immediately.
"what? how?" you asked.
"well, we only rented it for a week, but now he can legally sell chocolate!" she smiled.
your eyes lit up like Christmas lights in the dark dusk sky.
willy was gazing at the beautiful shop's exterior, daydreaming about how the insides looked. you and noodle walked up behind him, the scrubbit's crew stayed behind you guys, grinning uncontrollably. willy had practically saved him, so this was their positive payback.
noodle revealed the key that was stored in her palm.
"what's this?" willy said, tilting his head.
"yours. and so is the shop. for a week, atleast." noodle said, handing the key to him.
you could see tears of joy forming in the midst of willy's eyes. he hugged noodle and thanked her deeply for the gift.
"this is a dream come true, thank you so much!"
he slid the key into the padlock on the door. you peeked around his shoulder to get a gander at the supposedly beautiful shop, but when the doors opened, it unveiled a broken down place. you walked in behind willy and noodle, looking around confusedly.
"it needs a little bit of fixing up, but i'm sure we can do it." lottie chimed in.
you smiled as you and willy scampered up the stairs, looking for a plan.
little did you know, mr. slugworth, your father's "enemy" watched you from his window. he had gotten information from the chief about how you all were prisoners of ms. scrubbit. it turns out, he informed her of what was going on while she was distracted and she was furious.
when mr. slugworth saw you, though, he was shocked.
"that's where she went..." he said to himself.
"miss bon bon, call mr. fickelgruber. i have a plan."

you and willy were playfully tossing chocolate flowers around as the group of you all concluded the set-up of the shop!
it was gorgeous, a flowing chocolate river with a beautiful chocolate sakura tree as the centerfold, chocolate flowers adorning the sweet shop. you and willy gazed at the place as noodle put the finishing touches upon the candy cavern.
"well, what do you think?" she smiled.
willy stepped on the island that kept the tree in the center of the river.
"i think it's incredible!" he yelled.
the group applauded. you clapped with genuine happiness in your heart for him. willy held his hand out toward you, and as you grabbed it, he pulled you to the island with you. you almost lost balance, but willy lightly placed his hand on your waist, pulling you closer to him.
as he begun to sing to you, you did, too. the two of you danced around the chocolate sakura tree, willy then drew his cane from his cloak and hooked it to the ground, swinging you back off of the island, him following behind. a crowd of people were awaiting the grand opening of wonka's chocolate shop in the plaza. willy opened the door, as he did so, the chocolate in the display cases in the windows glowed as people poured in uncontrollably. scrubbit's staff were already busy at work as you and willy continued your song.
many, many people were in line at the cash register to purchase loads of chocolate at once! everything was going so incredibly smoothly.

that is, until you and willy heard shrieks of fear. people were growing multicolor hair! was it a mishap and willy accidentally spilled a remedy in the chocolate mix?
or was it the chocolate cartel's dirty work?
people began to destroy willy's shop.
"no, stop!" you yelled, pulling on someone's cloak.
willy just stood, panicking. it seemed he was about to cry.
willy ran upstairs as people decided to leave, leaving the huge mess behind.
you ran upstairs behind willy, your heart absolutely shattered for him with pity.
you looked around upstairs for willy for a moment, until you heard soft sniffles from one of the rooms. you creaked the door open, looking down at willy who sat in a ball on the floor. he hesitantly looked up at you, tears streaming down his cheeks. you crouched down next to him, tossing your head back against the wall.
"i'm sorry." you said, groaning.
"it's not your fault." he buried his head in his knees.
you could see him grasping onto something. it looked like a chocolate bar.
you slid your hand gently between his fingers, revealing what the mystery object was.
"willy, what is this?"
you noticed he begun to tear up even more.
"sorry." you apologized.
"don't be, it's okay." he said, looking into your eyes.
he showed you the bar with his name on it.
"my mother gave me this when i was younger. she promised she'd be with me when i get to sell my chocolate to the world."
he smiled as he looked up to the sky.
"i really thought she would make it happen."
you looked at him with a painful expression.
you stood up, holding your hand out.
"we're not giving up, willy."
he looked up at you, blinking some tears back.
"we're not?" he whimpered.
you shook your head.
he gave you a half smile as he grabbed your hand, you pulling him up swiftly.
the two of you walked down stairs, hand in hand. "guys, we're not-" willy begun.
but the downstairs was empty. just all of the ruined morsels scattered everywhere. you both looked around, then went to walk out of the door.
willy opened the door for you, but when you walked out you were greeted with an unpleasant surprise.
"y/n, you are in serious trouble, young lady!"