pure imagination

"come with me..."
you heard an angelic voice sing from the balcony of your father's chocolate shop that resides in the plaza. three shops, one "rivalry."
your dad and the other chocolatiers weren't enemies. they were one. one evil batch of bakers. pretty cheesy, honestly. you peeped through the curtains that shaded the upstairs of the shop from the outside, and you caught eye of a man. he was average height for a guy, and he was pretty cute. your eyes widened as you watched him sing and dance, pulling a jar of chocolates out. you leaned on your palm, mesmerized. but, to your surprise, the chocolates began to... fly?
you looked around with astonishment as you heard a tap on the window you sat at. you looked and saw one of the chocolates tapping, then looked down to the funny man. he smiled at you as he continued to sing. you smiled back, unlatching the window and taking the chocolate. you didn't eat it, though. who in their right mind would eat a flying chocolate?
your dad.
your dad and his partners in crime circled the poor guy. you knew how this would end. they tasted his chocolate, shunned it... and then... started flying?
"knew not to eat that chocolate." you whispered to yourself as you opened the window again, looking around.
"my, my, my. isn't that a beautiful girl." the chocolatier leaned on his staff. it had a flag with a "w" on it. maybe his name begun with that.
you looked concerned as the police chief blew his whistle, trying to heard the flying people. the man looked sadly at the police as you ran downstairs. you stood at the doorway of the chocolate shop, locking eyes with him. as the police clutched him, he asked for a sovereign. you put your hand over your heart as you heard his needs for money.
poor guy...
you said in your mind. he looked up at you, making eye contact once again. he gently tipped his top hat to you as he was escorted off.
mr. fickelgruber was your dad. he stormed in, angrily.
"that stupid boy! thinking he can walk in and be some expert chocolatier." he said, throwing his arms up.
"y/n, make me some tea. i need to be cleansed from the p-..." he gagged. you rolled your eyes.
your dad hates the topic of "poor people". you don't care. sure, your dads one of the richest chocolate makers in the world and you may have had a reason to be conceited, but you remained modest.
"father, what-what was his name?" you said, walking to retrieve a tea bag.
"who?" he asked, polishing a display case of chocolates.
"the guy out there." you said, frustratedly.
"ah. willy wonka, or something like that." he fiddled with his collar.
you nodded slowly.
"here's your tea. i'm gonna go out." you said, grabbing a scarf and beanie.
"where are you going exactly, young lady?" he stood up, clutching his tea and a saucer in one hand.
"i don't know. just need some fresh air." you said, annoyed.
"very well." your dad said, sitting back down.
you ran out the door, hopes to find willy. you had a bunch of sovereigns in your satchel, keeping hold of it as you ran. the streets darkened as the sun set, and you lost guidance of where you were going. that is, until your heard a faint singing. you slowed down as you spotted willy stepping down stairs. you didn't want him to know you were searching for him, so you stayed behind and watched the boy sing.
he was really nice looking. the poor boy had one sovereign...
plink!
never mind.
willy fixed himself a nice glass of cocoa. you knew this was the perfect time to approach him, but heard barking and immediately slipped back into hiding.
willy tried to calmly resist the dog, but it bit his leg! a booming voice appeared and lectured willy, and then the two of them walked away.
"damnit." you groaned, bundling up in your scarf due to the frosty weather. you jingled your satchel around, assuring the currency remained in your bag. it did, thankfully.
you heard a door slam shut as you quickly peeked up.
"scrubbits..?" you whispered to yourself.
"never heard of it. weird." you said. you decided to tiptoe to the window, looking in inconspicuously.
"you can stay for free, willy!" the lady at the front desk said, handing willy a paper to sign.
"oh, don't do it..." you whispered to yourself. you knew she was trouble.
he signed it though, and you watched as he walked upstairs to his demise. you stayed to make sure she didn't hurt him and that he made it to sleep safely, but he wouldn't escape your mind all night. you couldn't sleep.
you stayed wide awake as you stared at your ceiling, hopes of finding willy tomorrow and paying him the money he deserves. you looked over to your nightstand and noticed the chocolate. it wasn't flying anymore, so you took a nibble.
your eyes widened in awe as you shoved the rest of it in your mouth. the mix of flavors played beautifully in your mouth as you savored every touch of sweetness that now adorned your entire mouth.
"i gotta talk to that chocolatier!"