Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty-one.

" Are you sure you are okay best? I wasn't with my phone when you called last night? It was late hope everything is good?", Shirley had said immediately she entered her office.

" No it is nothing, I just thought it was long since we last saw each other", Arianna lied through her teeth , concealing her Chaos mind with a smile.

" Are you sure? But what about the text, you said you needed to tell me something. What was that about?", She probed further, not believing her .best friend.

Arianna can be strong-headed sometimes, thinking she can take care of everything herself.

" Ermm… that ", she stuttered, trying to find a tangible and reasonable word to tell her friend.

" And you dare not lie Aria, I know you",

Her shoulder slumped down defeatedly, her little facade lowered down.

" Talk to me ", Shirley urged , getting more anxious at the disturbing expression on her face.

"  The thing is I don't know where to start from Shirley, I am confused myself ", she wailed.

" just say something, Start from anywhere. I am here for you ", Shirley reassured placing her palm on hers , as a way of comforting her.

" I am finding it so hard to believe as well Trust me, and I don't even know why he kept it away from me. I am totally and utterly confused Shirley. ",. Arianna blabbed her worries.

" It's about your husband ",

Arianna sighed tiredly and blurted," Yes ",

" But what is it about? Wait…… do you find anything out about him? I mean the gala scene,.did he say something about it?", Shirley asked , worried lines forming on her forehead.

" It is not even about that ", she gulped , eyeing her table to see if none of the files was there.

She can't risk people finding out about it, not that she doesn't trust her friend but she is scared to let her know of it.

Whatever the case may me  , she just have to talk to Richard just once again.
Then she will know what next step to.take .

But she felt she isn't ready to face him, he lied and kept on lying to her face.

Where did it all went wrong? Where do all of the trust go ?

" Then what?",

She hesitated a bit before saying it out, this is her family problem and she tends to take care of it herself but damn it.
She is just too down to keep to not talk to Shirley this time.

For the past weeks now , her marriage has been hanging on a single thread and she doesn't know what to do about it.
Richard kept lying and keeping secrets form her.

And the thing she is getting to find out now, they are choking her the more.
So many what ifs going on in her head.

That she kept on having so many wild scenarios in her mind, wondering if truly her husband is Fabian's accomplice.
That means be definitely knows something about the underworld and also that former governor of the state, Delagado.

It seems a single thread kept on tying the three of them in every evidence she finds out about.

"Aria ", Shirley called on noticing how lost in thought she was.

Probably out of earth.

" I'm sorry",,she .apologized, regaining back her composure a bit.

" What do you say you found out? Pls don't tell me …..", Shirley trailed, an horrifying look on her face.

Arianna gulped, if only that wasn't the case .

" No ", she lied .

Shirley eyed her weirdly, trying to comprehend everything.

" Then what is it about Aria, talk to me", Shirley asked almost raising her voice.

" He was adopted. Richard is not a Rodriguez. Hejs not his parents son ",

For a minute, Shirley mouth hanged open in suprise and shock at the same time.
The revelation was coming out of nowhere, therefore it sounds shocking to her.

" What?",she stuttered,not knowing what next to say exactly.

" And ?", Shirley probed , after overcoming her trance.

" That is it ", Arianna said shrugging her shoulder as if it is nothing.
But deep down she is unsettled.

" He didn't mention anything like that to you right? ",

" Yes", Arianna answered obviously very tired of overthinking already.

Shirley sighed.
" But why?" She asked.

" He tends to have a tangible reason", she added

"I don't know"Arianna replied ruggedly .

" His biological parents?", Shirley asked again.

" Don't know ",

" And you didn't ask ? At least you should know why he kept such from you "

" I don't even want to look at his face Shirley, he is such a liar",

" But you definitely need closure. Marriage is about trust, if it keep on like this then you two will end up having so many doubts in your marriage ", Shirley advised painstakingly.

There marriage is already up to that level actually, even more .
They keep failing and doubting each other. No trust. Nothing.

" When was he adopted?", Shirley asked when she wasn't saying anything.

" I don't know, but he was grown up then",

" So he once had a life ?", Shirley asked

Arianna gulped, she shouldn't have disclosed that part.

" I am not sure ", she said instead.
There is no need for everyone to know what is going on in her life.

She can't trust someone too deep again for as far as she knows her husband broke her trust.
He whom she trust so much.

" You need to discuss with your husband,what if he is really acquitted to Fabian ",

" No,he isn't ", Arianna replied sharply taking her friend by suprise.

" I am just saying, but wait aria, do you have something else to say to me ?", Shirley asked suspiciously.

" No ", this time not making her voice sound desperate or too sharp.

" I know you don't want to trust anyone right now Arianna but you should know that you can't do this alone. I am here for you", Shirley said not believing her friend.

" I know", Arianna said , not believing her own words.

She have heard enough.

From now on, she will do things on her own and in her own way .

© Adira H.