Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Seventeen.

Three Weeks Later.

She opened her eyes slowly and steadily, the first thing her eyes caught is those pair of eyes she loves so much.
Her lips broke into a beautiful smile .

". Good morning darling", he said beating her to it. He placed a light feathery kiss on her forehead.

" Good morning love, how was your night?", She said snuggling closer to him .
He wrapped his hand around her waist pulling her close to himself.

" Fantastic, you made it fantastic my love ", he replied, tracing kiss on her exposed collarbone down to her shoulder.
She chucked melting into his embrace.

" Ah, Richard ", she whined laughing heartily as he started to tickle her with his tongue.
" You bad guy, don't you dare seduce me thus morning",  she laughed, successfully escaping out of his hold.

She climbed out of the bed immediately before he could get hold her again.
She knows she won't be able to resist it again.

Richard chuckled," why running away from it babe? ",

Arianna rolled her eyes , pulling her hair into a messy bun.
" I am not, I just don't want to be late for my appointment",she replied wrapping the towel round her body.

Richard was surprised," Appointment? I don't think I heard about this yet ",

She gulped hesitating for a while, for the past weeks now they have been living normally, like all of those political storms are not there.
Yes, she knows she promised to wait for him and she will definitely stick to that. But is he not supposed to have, and for the fact that they have even been living as if nothing is happening in their lives currently.

She has been keeping him updated about everything but he isn't even making an attempt to say anything to her.
She promised to be honest, and she will.

" I have to meet with Nelson, he has something for me about the case ", she replied honestly.

"Ohhhhh….", He drawled nodding his head.
" It's good then, I also have an appointment "

She summoned courage and asked " with who? ",

He paused for a bit before responding, " with a business associate".

Arianna could tell that wasn't the truth but she chooses not to press further.
He stood up from the bed heading towards the door.

" Love ", Arianna called , in a whispery voice.

He Swiped his gaze back, eyeing her questionably.
" I just want you to know that I love you so much, no matter what", she professed boldly looking straight into his eyes.
For a split of seconds, she saw a flicker of guilt flicked through his demeanor. But it was gone before it could settle on his gaze.

He smiled," I know,and I love you too", Arianna returned back the smile.
The next seconds he was out of the door.

No matter what he is keeping away from her, he needs to just trust her and open up.
She is his wife for damn sake!

<<<<<<

" So let's see what you have here for me Nelson", Arianna said as she sat down on the chair.

" You really have a bunch here don't you? ", She smiled as she opened the brown folder gently.
Obviously anxious about what exactly is in there,,and for the fact that Nelson is unusually quiet and not his normal self kept her more in suspense.

" Arianna", Nelson called softly.

" Hmm", she mumbled still fondling with the paper.

He held her hand gently, " I think you should brace yourself for what is in there. Can you really take it? ",