Chapter Six

Arianna stood staring at her reflection in the mirror.

She was dressed in a light nightwear, her hair tied up in a messy bun ready to go to bed.

Her mind just kept on wandering back to her conversation with Barrister Zuckerberg.

All of her six years of being a Lawyer, she has always looked up to him as a very righteous and outstanding man.
His encouraging gestures and words go a very long way in her career as a judge.

But now he looks different, so much different from the righteous Barrister Zuckerberg she looked up to.

Why? Why is he not in support of it ? Why does it seems to her that he knows something if not everything about it beforehand?

And what does he mean about someone using her? Is it governor Delagado?

Arianna sighed for the umpteenth time that night as different thoughts and assumptions kept on evading her mind.

Why should seeking justice be so difficult sometimes while injustice is seen as something easy and simple.
What is the world turning into gradually?

"Love….", Richard called jerking her out if her thoughts.

" Hmmm", she mumbled turning to stare at him

He obviously just came out of the shower, as he was dabbing his dripping wet hair with a White towel.

" Are you okay? You look stressed", Richard said moving more closer to her taking in her facial expressions.

One thing about her husband is that he knows and understand her more than anything in the world.
To him, she is as plain as a mirror.

She huffed," I'm fine, just a bit stressed",

"Come off it love ,you know that I know you more than you know yourself.  I can read you so well",

By now, he was now standing right in front of her, his hands placed on her shoulder.

"I am here……for you", he said softly and she let out a tired sigh.

" Trust me Richard I am just tired, I will definitely be rejuvenated after getting some sleep huh " , Arianna said dismmisively, removing his hands resting on her shoulders.

Richard knows exactly when his wife isn't ready to come out to him, and now is one of those times.

He gulped down loudly.
"Fine then " , he said getting out of her way to the bed.

The atmosphere was a bit tensed and awkward, that they lay on their part of the bed quietly, none saying a word to each other.

Arianna was so lost in her track of thoughts , wondering and thinking of what decision she should take.
While her husband on the other hand was wondering what was going on with his wife.

" Aria. ", He whispered her name quietly after several minutes of silence.
It was obvious both of them are still awake.

"Hmmm", Arianna hummed lowly , turning to face him as she was backing him before.

" You are still awake ",he said more like a question, we her stare deep into her pretty brown eyes.

She forced out a smile, "  Yes, sleep won't come "

Richard laughed on her words, while she chuckled.

Their eyes locked in an enigmatic gaze, as they were both floating in each other's eyes.

Richard gulped down hardly, his Adam's apple popping out in the process.

" Remember the business proposal I told you about? ", He said bringing up a conversation.

Richard owns a car manufacturing company there in America, best-knowned all over the continent.

Arianna nodded, " Yes the one with the Chinese people? "

Richard nodded in reply with small smile.
" It has been approved ",

Arianna eyes brightened up immediately with an excited smile.
" Oh my!!! really? ", She gushed happily.

He nodded simply and she shrieked in excitement, throwing her hands round his neck for a hug.

"I am so happy for us love, we did it eventually" she beamed kissing both sides of his cheeks before disengaging from the hug .

A broad happy smile still laced on her beautiful face, this made Richard heart warm up .
He finally get to pull her out of her sour mood

" When was it approved love ?"

" This evening, he informed me personally",  Richard replied with a smile .

" Oh I'm so happy right now, that's five years of efforts and continuous trial. I am glad we made it ", Arianna said kissing him lightly on the lips.

Richard smiled in between the light but passionate short kiss.

"Congratulations to us my love ", he said and she laughed .

" So the company is planning on hosting a gala event for the approval, and it is next week",

"I am definitely going to shine for you my love. By your side", Arianna said and he smiled.

" You have always been my shining star",

Arianna smiled but her the smile disappeared all of a sudden leaving a little frown on.

"But …… why… Why are you just saying now?", She asked with a confused look on her face.

" You were not in a good mood earlier ", he confessed looking deep into her eyes.

The confused frown plastered on Arianna's face dissolved.
She blinked her gaze away from his , as it was piercing through her soul.

" Did something happen in work? ", He asked worriedly.

Arianna looked everywhere but her husband's face.
Staring back at him means giving out herself to him and she has no intentions on telling him a thing about it for now.
She need to make a decision first .

"I was just too stressed", she said, making sure to put on her best poker face on before staring back.

Richard just has a way in getting the truth out of her eyes, he read her so well.

" Arianna…… ", he trailed .

" Babe, trust me, I'm fine…. truly ", she smiled placing a finger on his lips.

" Honey, just know that……. I love you so much ",

Arianna smiled broadly, placing her hands on his shoulders while he kissed her on the forehead.

" It's getting late let's sleep ", he added pulling her body closer to his.

" Good night love ", Arianna whispered lowly , a tired yawn escaped her mouth .

" Good night  love ", he replied back watching her as she slipped into her beautiful slumber .