Chapter Fourteen

Weeks later

Arms in arms, they walked together majestically with poise and elegance into the ballroom.

The grand gala already in full swing, with dazzling lights gleaming across the ballroom .
Guests who are in no doubt previleged folks mingled and chatered .

Greetings, hearty laughters and clinking of glasses, filled the air.
The whole place screaming wealth and sophistication.

Dressed in a tailored tuxedo, looking fine and outstanding is Richard.
In his arms, is his darling wife Arianna dressed in a sleek golden dress her hair in big wavy curls.

The couple was no doubt the centre of attention as they stood out among all.
And plus being the special guest of honour of the evening.

It is a gala held by the company, for receiving the honour of being the best car manufacturing company and also for the success of inventing the best car product of the year.

It is indeed a special day for Richard…for them.

" Mr Rodriguez", a middle aged man scrambled his way towards the couple.

" Mr De Nero ", Richard called back with the same high level of enthusiasm and excitement.

" Congratulations", the man smiled stretching out his hand to him, for an handshake.

Richard diengaged his arm from his wife's, she shook hands vigorously with the man.

" Thank you sir De Nero",

The man smiled,then shifted his gaze to his wife.
" Judge Arianna Rodriguez",

"It is nice finally meeting you in person", he added stretching out his hand.

Arianna smiled broadly, taking the man's hand generously.
"Thank you. Nice knowing you sir"

" You two really make a great couple", he complimented.
Richard smiled lightly in appreciation, while Arianna forced out a smile.

It will all have been perfect if they are in better terms.
Things between her and Richard has been kind of off for the past few weeks.

Not like he is not coming home in time or not sleeping on same bed with her.
No. He is too mature for that, but just that he is not like his usual self.
He doesn't have his usual smile on.

She knew her decision really do hurt him, but is this not going too extreme?
The deed is all done already, the least he can do now is support her

She is supposed to be with Shirley now, preparing for Senator Fabian's court session which is the next day.

Shirley has been of great help keeping her mind off her problems and also helping her in preparation of her session.

The only thing she has to do now is make sure to win that case by all means and then she can get back her husband.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new journey.

" I'll be right back love, you should go ahead and have your seat. ", Richard said calmly after some minutes of talking with few of his associates.

" Hmm, alright", she hummed audibly.
Richard bent a little a placed a soft feathery kiss on her forehead.
" I love you, and I am sorry", he whispered lowly then he vanished into the crowd.

Arianna's heart warmed with bliss and relief, tears of relief burnt the back of her eyes, threatening to spill but she sniffled it back in.

" I love you more, I promise to win … for you and not to get hurt", she mumbled to herself swallowing down lumps of tears.