Chapter Twelve

Chapter Eleven.

" Senator", Alexander stood on his feet immediately the police warden appeared with Senator Fabian, clothed in a prisoner attire.

How ironic life can be sometimes.

" Mr senator", Adrian, his attorney greeted.

Fabian simply acknowledged their greetings with a small nod.

" I have to get out of here ", that was the first thing he blurted out just as immediately as they settled down for the discussion.

Attorney Adrian sighed dejectedly.
" I'm trying Senator, but don't worry i will definitely make it happen. You are going to court in two weeks time and…..",.

" So? I have to get out of here before then,  This place is not for me ", he seethed.

Adrian sighed," it is just too hard getting you out , the evidences are too strong and solid. I'm sorry senator "

Infuriated, he banged his hand on the table .
" Keep… trying. No matter what I have to get out of here", he finaled, his face holding a deadly look.

" How is the plan going? ", He asked and Adrian sighed.

" I'm still trying to get through them, it seems the lady lawyer really got to them " ,

" But worry not, I will definitely try my best. ", The attorney said determinedly.

Fabian scoffed with a worst scornful look on his face.
" Arianna Rodriguez ", he mumbled to himself, his lips twitching sideways.
A sly malicious smirk tugged at the corner of his lips.

" She doesn't have powerful men backing her but she seems to make those men wriggle in fear when her name is mentioned, none of them does not want to have anything to do with her .", Adrian said.

" That stupid bitch", Alexander cussed.

" Find everything about that woman, leave not a single thing unturned "

" Understood senator ", Adrian said .

" And I must leave this place before the week runs out, make that possible Adrian ", he ordered.

Adrian nodded anyways, even though he knows that will be anything near easy.

" I will be on my way now senator, I have to meet with governor Ellish",

" Yes you should go, and Alexander you should do what I mentioned the other day ",

Alexander gulped down nervously,
" I should go ahead with the plan ", he asked again to be sure.

" Yes , Vincent definitely owe me one after all", Fabian smirked slyly .

" I will do as you said senator ", Alexander replied with a Curt nod before walking out of the room together with the attorney.
While Senator Fabian was returned back to confinement.

<<<<<<<<<<<

The creaking sound of her door being opened was what made her raised her gaze up .

" Shirley", she exclaimed in surprise .

" Hi Best", Shirley wriggled her fingers in a wave .

" What are you doing here? ", She asked, undoubtedly suprised by the suprise visit.

" I'm fine and you", Shirley Sid instead with a small smile.

Arianna laughed at her own mistake,
" How are you? How is Andrew and the kids?",

" Fine, I saw the news", she blurted out.

Arianna smiled bedrudginly with a shrug, her contenance unmoved.
She knew exactly what her friend was talking about.

" Yeah, he has been apprehended and I am going to court in less than two weeks time ", Arianna explained calmly, drumming her index finger on the table noiselessly.

Shirley rolled her eyes with a sigh,
" Every single soul in America definitely know all of this already…. You are really doing this? " She trailed, her face etched with worry.

" Yes ", Arianna replied calmly and firmly.

" And Richard? ", She furthered asked.

Arianna shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly but one would definitely tell the mix of emotions running through her eyes.

" He is fine, ……been acting quiet since it went viral. ", She said trying to hide the hurt in her voice but Shirley isn't just anyone to her.
She will definitely tell.

Shirley huffed out a sigh.

" He ….. he will come around… probably" Arianna shrugged.

Shirley scoffed, " probably? "

" Arianna, he is worried about you", Shirley exclaimed her voice hard and stern.

" Then what do you want me to say hunhn? He will someday come to accept the fact that I am already into this ", she stated .

" Richard doesn't want you to do this, he doesn't want you involved", Shirley pointed out.

" But I want to do this and I am involved, he should just accept it. ",

Shirley stared at her friend with disbelieve, why is she just so stubborn?

" Senator Fabian isn't just anyone, he is a big fish in the political world. He has power … authority ",

" Do you think he will just seat down and let you take him to court? He has his own people ", Shirley added

" Then why is he still in jail? He is supposed to be out of jail by now , I can do this Shirley. You all just have to believe in me ",
Arianna half yelled, standing up abruptly from her chair.
Shirley stood up as well , posing a stand to her friend.

" We all believe in you Aria, but this is too dangerous. What are you even so obsessed with it anyways? ",

" Because this is the right thing to do, it is justice ", Arianna replied strongly.

" Does being a Barrister means you have to put yourself in great danger all in the name of justice? No matter what we do this world to will ever remain sick. We are all sick",

" No, they are the sick people. " 

Shirley sighed and shook her head ,  " I just hope you don't end up hurting yourself and your loved ones at the end ".

" No one will get hurt". Arianna replied looking away , her face poised and serious.

Shirley sighed and picked up her fancy handbag lying on the table.
"Ihope this all go smoothly, I pray so" with this last ringing words, Shirley stomped out of her friend's office.

Arianna breathed out in shakes, she gulped down hardly as one word kept ringing in her ear.
The words from last night.

" Watch your back Barrister, ",

© Adira H.

Happy Reading sweets.
The real story is about to start,

Please don't hesitate to vote and state your say on the story.
It makes the story grow ... as well as the author.

Vote and comment.
Happy Reading once again.