Chapter 14

Dean's perspective: (internal monolog)

How could I say that to him?

It had been hours since I last saw Sam. Bobby will take care of him. I check my watch to see the time. 2:78. Pitch black and a random highway. Great. Just. Great.

Why would he do that to me? Why did he have to leave just for some "demon". They don't even exist. Right?

I mean, Bobby talked about them sure and went on trips, but he never showed us how to shoot or how to do anything about "hunting." I always thought it was animals until he said vampires and werewolves. Stuff you hear in movies and all. Bobby said he wanted Sammy and me to be kids.

Sammy wanted to get a lawyer's degree but couldn't get into a decent college, so he dropped out. I helped Bobby out over at his mechanic job until we got the bakery. Turns out, Sam enjoys that more than he did in college. Who knew, right?

Poor Jess, though. As soon as he left, she got murdered. Apparently, she was on the celing when the fire started. How the hell do you even do that? Well, anyway, Bobby checked it out and killed some "demon" called the "yellow eyed demon." Well, I'm glad Bobby didn't take us hunting or whatever. It kept Sammy from knowing what's really out there.

I slammed my hands on the steering wheel, and I lost control for a bit. I managed to get staright on the road and roll my eyes, and wipe the tears.

What the hell I'm crying for? He left me. Where even am I? I need to call Castiel.

I wanted to call Cas, so I picked up the phone and dialed the number. It ranged and ranged and ranged. Tried again and just voice mail. I turn on a station, and All Out of Love by Air Supply sarted playing. You got to be kidding me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm lying alone with my head on the phone
I'm thinking of you 'til it hurts. I know you're hurt too, but what else can we do? Tormented and torn apart. I wish I could carry your smile in my heart. For times when my life seems so low. It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring. When today doesn't really know, doesn't really know

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love. What am I without you?
I can't be too late, I know I was so wrong
(

Song continues in the background)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dammit Cas. Fine, if you don't want to talk, don't expect me to pick it up when you call asshat. No, more like feathered ass bird. With his dumb beautiful wings.

Wait, what the hell am I even saying? How do you even have wings. They had to be my imagination. Humans having wings is just a fantasy. It's not possible.

"I'm out out of love. What am I without you? I can't be too late, I know I was so wrong," Just kept repeating in my mind.

I know I dont know where I am, and I got to an unmarked highway and looked down to change the radio. I looked up, and then everything went black...

A/N: Credits to Air Supply for the lyrics. This song is so good, though. Right?