𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

Aurora

Jungkook reaches out for my hand as we walk out the front door of my house and I hurry to lock up. I don't know where he wants to take me, but we can't be gone for long. The curfew kicks in at five and the last thing he needs is for a cop to try to arrest him.

He has no identification to prove he is anyone other than who he is and, if a cop figures out who he is, he'll go back to prison.

At the age of twelve, Jungkook was the first kid to be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. He won't ever get out if he has to go back. I'll lose him for good. I can't let that happen. I'm just as dedicated and obsessed with him as he is with me. It's not love. It's better than that.

It's everything.

As we walk down the street, Alexis walks out of her house in her sexy teacher costume and waves at me. I'm surprised she's going out with how upset she was yesterday.

I wave back at her before a frown settles on my features. Soon, we'll be leaving town and...I'll never see Alexis or Talon again. I love Lisa, but she's not always there for me.

Alexis and Talon would drop each other to be a good friend
and I'd do the same for either of them. However, I can't put them above Jungkook.

It's going to hurt so bad when we leave, even though we'll be leaving so we can spend the rest of our lives together.

Jungkook turns down a few streets until I see it and stop dead in my tracks. It's called The House of Horrors for a reason. It doesn't look worse than any other house on the street. The name comes from what Jungkook did inside of it and at the park two streets over. Everyone has talked about it and I've read everything there is to see on it.

"Are you...okay?" It's a struggle for him to push words out, but he seems to be quickly getting better at it. I have no idea if it's just for me or if he'll talk to other people, but I'm glad that to some extent, he's improving.

I slowly nod as I bite my lip. "I'm just...never over here. I can't remember the last time I saw it in person." It's clear someone has been taking care of the front yard at least, which is strange since no one has lived here in fourteen years, not since me and Jungkook were pulled from this place.

"We're going...around the...back." I nod and squeeze his hand before we continue walking and he leads me toward the bayou that runs between this street of houses and the backyard of the ones behind them. "I don't want....anyone to see...us go....inside."

"You don't have to keep talking," I reassure him as I squeeze his hand. "If it's too hard, I understand."

"No," he refuses before smirking down at me. "I want to...talk to you." My heart sings with how sweet that sentiment is.

Jungkook guides me to the backyard behind the House of Horrors and helps me through the narrow hole in the fence. I was scared I wouldn't be able to fit, but I just managed it without ripping my skirt to shreds.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind though. He seems to like me without clothes on.
He makes it through the slats with ease and takes back my hand before leading me over to the back porch. We don't go inside though, which is fine by me. I'm happy staying out here with him.

"What happened fourteen years ago, Jungkook?" I ask the one question that has been weighing heavily on my mind and I notice him stiffen beside me.

"You really...want to know?" he asks, his voice level and calm.

"Yes." I lean my head against his bicep before wrapping my arms around his, clinging to him for any kind of support he needs. "There had to be a reason why you killed sixteen people. I don't know what the reason was, but I know there had to some logic."

He slowly nods in thought. "Yes and no." How is that? How can there be a reason and not be one at the same time? Even though I want to ask, I stay silent, letting him have the floor.
"The kids at...the park." He stops and takes a deep breath. "They were fucking... with you so I... killed them. I didn't... plan to. I just had... the knife on me as a... prop for my costume. They were pissing me off... They Said Seomj was a... psycho, I was a freak, and that... you would turn out to be a whore... if you stayed with us.... Then, one of them made you... cry so I killed all of them."

I understand that they made him mad and referring to a toddler so vulgarly is beyond fucked up, but it still doesn't make sense. There must be something deeper than that, some deep rooted reason for him snapping.

"They all had quick deaths... except for Seomi. She deserved... to suffer." The hairs on my arms stand on end and I get the feeling that whatever he is going to say is going to be the true explanation for what happened that night.

"Why did she deserve to suffer?" I ask and he squeezes my finger, harnessing whatever strength I have to give.
"Because she was horrible.... She was my step-sister before my mom died... When our parents passed away... Seomi was all I had left, but she was...fucking sick. She used to...beat on me for the smallest... inconvenience, but then you came into the picture."

He gulps heavily and my eyes fill with tears from whatever this monster put him through. "When you came to the house... it got worse. She was jealous... of you because I was always taking care of you and protecting you...from her. If she wanted to hit you... I got in the way on purpose."

My heart squeezes, twists, and slams around my chest, completely on edge. I can't comprehend how a twelve year old little boy could be so strong to not only take care of a four year old girl, but to also keep her from being subjected to abuse. All of this while he was being abused before I even came around.

"You took care of me," I say as my lip trembles.

He nods slowly. "To the best of my ability, but I was only a kid." He takes a deep breath and my stomach drops when he speaks again. "When I was eight, you came to us and, within a... few days, Seomi was sexually abusing me daily."

"Jungkook." The way my heart hurts can't be put into words. There's nothing I can say to make it better and sorry is always a shitty thing to say when it's clearly something you had no fault in. It wasn't my fault that Seomi was a freakin' pedophile. It wasn't my fault she was abusing Jungkook or that I showed up in the first place. Still, I feel guilty that I was here with him and I couldn't help him. I couldn't save him from what she was doing, how she was irreparably changing him.

"That's why you ran off when we were having sex."
Oh my god.

Everything makes so much sense now. It all does. What he did to Seomi was justified. What he did to everyone else is another question, but Seomi was his breaking point. She destroyed him and fifteen innocent people lost their lives that night because of her evil deeds.

He bows his head and slowly bobs it up and down, but I'm not sure if that's his response or just a side effect from how heavily he's breathing.

There's only one thing I can say that might make him feel a little better, a small reminder. "She can't ever hurt you again," I whisper as I press a kiss to his bicep, tightening my hold on his arm. No matter what, I'm here and I'll help him through everything that comes his way.

Whether that be his trauma responses or whatever. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. He has me and it took a lot of courage to get through telling me what really happened.

He didn't even try to hide it. He just told me the truth.

Jungkook wraps his arms around me and pulls me to straddle his waist.

His arms shake as I hold his face to my chest, not knowing at all what to do to calm him down.

"She's gone, Jungkook," I say as I try my best not to start crying again.

"I know," he whispers under his breath before trailing kisses up my chest to my neck before he nuzzles against me and holds me tight.

I'm not going to let go of him either.

Vote!!!!