Chapter Two ~Zaria

"Till dusk of the dead, the fire will burn. From ash we were made, to ash we will return."

That sound. I know I recognize that sound. Like a tiny whisper to my soul, I hear its call.

"A bond as strong as fire shared amongst the select."

A bond? Right then my spirit flickers like it too recognizes this voice.

"A blessing over souls, the mighty flame protects."

It's cold, but I've never felt too alive in my life. The chill brings an excitement, though I'm not strong enough to break free of whatever is holding me back. Usually, I would be frightened, but not this time.

"Till dusk of the dead, the fire will burn. From ash we were made to ash we will return."

It flashes. Bits and pieces of memories coming back. Where am I that's so cold? And that's when I realize, though my cheeks are cold and the tip of my nose is freezing the rest of me is rather warm. Like a tight, comforting hug.

"A bond as strong as fire shared amongst the select."

Eden! Where is she?... I have to keep fighting. Did I just give up? Is that what happened? Did I succumb to her and lie down at her feet?

"A blessing over souls, the mightly flame protects."

And that's when it hit me. Tyrian. The voice is Tyrian. The... the ash bond. But the ash bond only appears when one is in danger. Was it not Lucy who said she saw the ash sprinkling when Adam's father died?

Lucy.

She was here. They both were. Lucy showed up... and...Eden. She disappeared.

"Oh, but did I?" A smooth voice bounces in my head, constricting me.

My face gets even colder as I hear Eden's voice in my head, so different than the first time I've heard it. It consumes my very being like tightening ropes around my body.

"Till dusk of the dead, the fire will burn. From ash we were made, to ash we will return."